Brand New Old Person.

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Brand New Old Person.

Postby Can123 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:52 pm

I am Can123 and read everything about Thailand that I "can". My house is for sale in South Wales, UK and I intend resettling to Thailand when my house is sold. I have worked as an English teacher in Thailand ( Pattaya, private and state children's schools , commercial language schools with individuals, groups and at companies). I returned to UK with my wife, our daughter has qualified and is working as a nurse in the Midlands, and now is the time to take my wife back to her family in Isaan.

My wife is the owner of an old style Thai house, concrete lower/wood upper construction on one rai of land. The title is not chanote but the next best one - Nor Sor Saam Gor. Her mother was in possession of the land for almost fifty years prior to the transfer to my wife about three years ago. We intend living there initially and it is possible that we will build a second house on that land.

And, that is me :D
Can123

Re: Brand New Old Person.

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed May 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Welcome to the forum and may you have an easy build. I would caution you into having the Nor Sor Saam Gor updated to a full chanote as soon as possible. Many land owners are having their land taken from them with far less than you have.
Good luck, look forward to your build.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Can123 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:05 pm

Thank you.

We attempted to have the title updated to Chanote but there was a waiting list for the surveyors of more than one month so it was put on hold. My wife first needs to change her name to mine and then get the land details updated to reflect her married name. Then, she will pursue the issue of Chanote. Lots of things need to be done before we transfer funds and build in Thailand but they cannot be done until we are actually in the country.
Can123

Postby Ians » Fri May 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Be prepared for long, slow, and complicated dealings, unless of course you have a good contact somewhere in the system. A little bit of "goodwill" always seems to smooth out the bumps as well.
Ians

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Mon May 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Can123 wrote:Thank you.

We attempted to have the title updated to Chanote but there was a waiting list for the surveyors of more than one month so it was put on hold. My wife first needs to change her name to mine and then get the land details updated to reflect her married name. Then, she will pursue the issue of Chanote. Lots of things need to be done before we transfer funds and build in Thailand but they cannot be done until we are actually in the country.

That is fast, in our area it's over 2 years
Sometimewoodworker

Postby pipoz » Mon May 09, 2016 6:56 pm

Can123 wrote:I am Can123 and read everything about Thailand that I "can". My house is for sale in South Wales, UK and I intend resettling to Thailand when my house is sold. I have worked as an English teacher in Thailand ( Pattaya, private and state children's schools , commercial language schools with individuals, groups and at companies). I returned to UK with my wife, our daughter has qualified and is working as a nurse in the Midlands, and now is the time to take my wife back to her family in Isaan.

My wife is the owner of an old style Thai house, concrete lower/wood upper construction on one rai of land. The title is not chanote but the next best one - Nor Sor Saam Gor. Her mother was in possession of the land for almost fifty years prior to the transfer to my wife about three years ago. We intend living there initially and it is possible that we will build a second house on that land.

And, that is me :D

Welcome and where specifically in Isaan do you intend to settle

pipoz
pipoz

Return to Introduce Yourself