Bi Fold Doors

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby AJBangkok » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:22 pm

@sometimewoodworker
Thanks I did come across that company when I was searching for info on the net but I hadn't seen anyone that has used them. I will follow up with them as I see they do both upvc and aluminnium. I would be looking for around 30 Windows and doors combined which is about 180sqm of glass.

Can I ask what kind of glass you will be using and did they offer a quote for different types/thickness. Would you have a ballpark per sqm price for your windows that you could share?
AJBangkok

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:09 pm

AJBangkok wrote:@sometimewoodworker
Thanks I did come across that company when I was searching for info on the net but I hadn't seen anyone that has used them. I will follow up with them as I see they do both upvc and aluminnium. I would be looking for around 30 Windows and doors combined which is about 180sqm of glass.

Can I ask what kind of glass you will be using and did they offer a quote for different types/thickness. Would you have a ballpark per sqm price for your windows that you could share?

I don't know if the figures I have would be of much help. The price per square meter is given but it includes the frame so several small windows will have a much higher cost per square meter than a single big window, and the kind of opening or fixed light also has a dramatic effect on the price. And all of our windows will use a laminated glass for theft protection so again more cost, some are just a laminate others are a laminated glass on one side and thicker glass ont the other of an IGU.

As an example I have a sliding window IGU 21.5mm (Laminate LowE G4+1.52+CLowE4 + Ars8 + C5, 21.5 mm) which is 4.48sqm @72,000
Another with the same spec IGU 2.31sqm @26,620

a laminated 8mm (Laminate LowE GL4+0.38+C4, 8.0 mm) fixed window that is 4.85sqm @ 33,170
Another with the same glass that is 1.90sqm @19,500
Sometimewoodworker

Postby pipoz » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:57 pm

For anyone's information

These are Swing Door assemblies, but could easily have been Bi Fold for not much more in cost

For my House, I went for OLD Grade AAA Teak Timber Windows and Doors with 8mm Tempered Glass. The Average Cost for each Door Assembly (ex Factory from Chiang Mai ) worked out to TB 10,170 per m2 for that whole Assembly, finish stained & assembled, but without the Hardware (as I chose to buy the hardware myself). These Timber Glass Assemblies, did not cost much more than the Average Cost per m2 for UPVC Assemblies from VEKA with a Wood Grain Finish look.

NME Assembly Cost TB 56,300 (ex Factory from CM) Four Panel Assembly - It has 2 Swing Doors & 2 Fixed Side Panels - Doors and side panels are of equal width) Size is 2.57m W x 2.25m H = 5.72 m2

SME Assembly Cost TB 93,500 (ex Factory from CM) Four Panel Assembly, (2 Swing Doors & 2 Fixed Side Panels - Doors and side panels are of equal width) Size) is 3.755m W x 2.415m H = 9.01 m2

Regards

pipoz
pipoz

Postby AJBangkok » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
AJBangkok wrote:@sometimewoodworker

I don't know if the figures I have would be of much help. The price per square meter is given but it includes the frame so several small windows will have a much higher cost per square meter than a single big window, and the kind of opening or fixed light also has a dramatic effect on the price. And all of our windows will use a laminated glass for theft protection so again more cost, some are just a laminate others are a laminated glass on one side and thicker glass ont the other of an IGU.

As an example I have a sliding window IGU 21.5mm (Laminate LowE G4+1.52+CLowE4 + Ars8 + C5, 21.5 mm) which is 4.48sqm @72,000
Another with the same spec IGU 2.31sqm @26,620

a laminated 8mm (Laminate LowE GL4+0.38+C4, 8.0 mm) fixed window that is 4.85sqm @ 33,170
Another with the same glass that is 1.90sqm @19,500

Thank you very much for this it's exactly what I'm looking for to give me a ballpark figure for my budget. It's very very helpful.
AJBangkok

Postby AJBangkok » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:06 pm

pipoz wrote:For anyone's information

These are Swing Door assemblies, but could easily have been Bi Fold for not much more in cost

For my House, I went for OLD Grade AAA Teak Timber Windows and Doors with 8mm Tempered Glass. The Average Cost for each Door Assembly (ex Factory from Chiang Mai ) worked out to TB 10,170 per m2 for that whole Assembly, finish stained & assembled, but without the Hardware (as I chose to buy the hardware myself). These Timber Glass Assemblies, did not cost much more than the Average Cost per m2 for UPVC Assemblies from VEKA with a Wood Grain Finish look.

NME Assembly Cost TB 56,300 (ex Factory from CM) Four Panel Assembly - It has 2 Swing Doors & 2 Fixed Side Panels - Doors and side panels are of equal width) Size is 2.57m W x 2.25m H = 5.72 m2

SME Assembly Cost TB 93,500 (ex Factory from CM) Four Panel Assembly, (2 Swing Doors & 2 Fixed Side Panels - Doors and side panels are of equal width) Size) is 3.755m W x 2.415m H = 9.01 m2

Regards

pipoz

Thanks Pipoz once again it's very helpful. I'm not planning wood doors but it's great to be able to arm myself with as muck knowledge as I can before I choose.
AJBangkok

Previous

Return to windows and doors