Salt water chlorinators

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Salt water chlorinators

Postby jazzman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:07 pm

If you've read everything in the section at EVERYTHING you NEED to know for your first SWIMMING POOL you are well on the way to knowing how to choose a cometent contractor or how to make a go of it your self.

However, here is an update on salt water chlorination.

Most pools are sanitised by adding chlorine as we all know. There are other methods but here in Thailand they tend to be comparatively more expensive. Salt water chlorinators save the measuring and manual addition of chlorine powder, granules, or tablets, and save significantly on the cost of chlorine with an ROI in as little as 18 - 24 months. Due to their popularity and as prices have dropped significantly, compared to the overall cost of a pool whether professionally built or DIY, there is every reason to consider installing one. They also include the timing system in the control unit thus doing away with any other kind of electrical control box, making them effectively 'plug-and-play. Installation is very straightforward.

There are several brands available in Thailand but only three offer genuine product and customer support in this country from accredited distributors. Also bear in mind that small pool shops and small pool builders may not be able to offer direct warranty and service.

Prices vary extremely wildly from retailer to retailer, so shop around.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Re: Salt water chlorinators

Postby olavhome » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:17 pm

Did go into a local shop in Isan today for some questions about the "system" for my soon to be (hopefully) swimmingpool of 6X4 meter.
The man in the shop which wasnt the person i intented to see, but have a pool on his own) told me that there was no need for the clorinator.
He had had one himself but removed it.
Main reason was that it was much work with cleaning every week, and wife had forgot doing so in the start.
The didnt tell me how he now did the process however.
Anybody else who has heard anyhing similar :?:
olavhome

Postby jazzman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:06 pm

olavhome wrote:Anybody else who has heard anyhing similar :?:

Like I said above, two years ago: Shop around.

Search around on the Internet and you will almost certainly find one that will offer free, but wholly professional advice. There is one company in Isan that does not have a shop because they trade exclusively online - they do build pols too though. perhaps you can find them on the Internet.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
jazzman

Postby olavhome » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:10 am

ok,thanks.
My plan is that Builder do the concrete work and also install the pipes.
But buy the ¨pump, clorinaor etc from one Company and hopefulle they can help with the plan.
If not, understand complete pool plans can be bought for about thb 3.000,-
olavhome

Postby Breizh29 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:55 am

jazzman wrote:
olavhome wrote:Anybody else who has heard anyhing similar :?:

Like I said above, two years ago: Shop around.

Search around on the Internet and you will almost certainly find one that will offer free, but wholly professional advice. There is one company in Isan that does not have a shop because they trade exclusively online - they do build pols too though. perhaps you can find them on the Internet.

I think I found !!! :lol:
Breizh29

Postby jazzman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:33 pm

Let's hope you found the right one because there appears to be another new one that has simply copied the web site of the company near Udon Thani and is starting a price war. When you buy something, remember that part of the price is for the service you expect to get.
jazzman

Return to swimming pool