Introduce myself

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Introduce myself

Postby TSF » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:28 am

Hi everyone, another Aussie here, I'm Bob from WA, have lived in LOS for many years, so speak the lingo and know a few of the ropes. My tirak owns some land near Pak Thong Chai, Korat and is getting ready to build a small house. So I've come on the forum to some advice/guidance/tips. I'm no builder myself, and not even a handyman, so I won't be involved in any construction. But it'll be good to learn things from this forum so I can assist tirak as much as possible with the planning.

As this thread is just for introductions I'll make another post soon in one of the other threads to discuss the style and approx cost of the type of house we like to see built.
TSF

Re: Introduce myself

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:03 am

Welcome to the forum Bob. Try reading a couple of the builds and you'll get the picture. I recommend viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1070 even though it is a two storied build. It will give you all sorts of inspiration on what you can expect from your Thai builder.
Good luck.
Roger Ramjet

Re: Introduce myself

Postby jazzman » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:20 am

Welcome on board! Check out the gallery for some of the more detailed DIY builds, although in some, like mine, the prices might be a little out of date by now. We also have a lively swimming pool section where many CTH members have been able to save themselves a lot of money (and stress!) by exchanging ideas and experience.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to Introduce Yourself