Hello

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello

Postby Laurent » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:35 pm

Hello,

Thanks for accepting my member application.
I'm setting in Chiang Mai with my Thai spouse. We (she!) have a 1 rai land with a small house. We are considering to start building our new house there, "contemporary style", with a particular emphasis on thermal and sound insulation.
I have not yet went through the whole site but I am interested to get information/advice on:
- where to find interesting designs/layout (to be used at a starting point for the design)
- architect for design and preparation drawings, bill of quantities and cost estimates
- contract with builder
- all other lessons learned (positive and negative)

Cheers

Laurent
Laurent

Re: Hello

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Laurent wrote:Hello,

Thanks for accepting my member application.
I'm setting in Chiang Mai with my Thai spouse. We (she!) have a 1 rai land with a small house. We are considering to start building our new house there, "contemporary style", with a particular emphasis on thermal and sound insulation.
I have not yet went through the whole site but I am interested to get information/advice on:
- where to find interesting designs/layout (to be used at a starting point for the design)
- architect for design and preparation drawings, bill of quantities and cost estimates
- contract with builder
- all other lessons learned (positive and negative)

Cheers

Laurent

Welcome.
I would suggest looking through the building threads here, as many of your points, and others you haven't thought of are covered.

There are free Thai house plans from the Thai government that may suit you and you will be able to save a lot if you can adapt one.

If you want something different then you will need an architect.

If you have specific questions that are not already covered we will be only too happy to give answers, possibly many different ones :lol:
Sometimewoodworker

Postby pipoz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:19 am

Hi and try this book.

I bought in Thailand for only TB 300. Its has some 120 No House Designs in it (by the Home Collection Group) which may be of use to those contemplating a build. You will see some examples under my Build "Udon Thani Happy House" Pages 6 to 8

pipoz
Attachments
Thai House Designs 120 No - Pink book.jpg
Thai House Designs 120 No - Pink book
pipoz

Postby Laurent » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Thanks!
Laurent

Return to Introduce Yourself