Our Building Story: in Phuket

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Our Building Story: in Phuket

Postby pattayapope » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:39 am

Looking good, when do you expect to move in?

PP
pattayapope

Postby scudman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:46 am

pattayapope wrote:Looking good, when do you expect to move in?

PP

Move in depends on the mains getting to the breaker box and a 3 phase meter installed, and a week of rain or several water truck deliveries.
So safe to say, I think, sometime this month. Lots left to do on the outside, but overtime that will shape up.
scudman

Postby pipoz » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi and your timber doors look good. Can I ask did you get a joiner to specially make them

I see you have you 84 Inch Helicopter in, on the Outside and your MR KEN your kitchen.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby scudman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:28 pm

pipoz wrote:Hi and your timber doors look good. Can I ask did you get a joiner to specially make them

I see you have you 84 Inch Helicopter in, on the Outside and your MR KEN your kitchen.

pipoz

The doors are custom made by a local joiner. Solid teak for the outside doors and hollow core with teak veneers for inside. I have 11 fans total including the helicopter.
scudman

Postby scudman » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:25 pm

Lots of activity at the house today. 2 electricians, window glass and fly screen team, contractor and crew. PEA came out first thing this morning and installed our 3 phase meter. Both electrical teams were checking connections and doing the final hook up of the water pump. Some problem there, not sure what, but assured a trip to the hardware store tomorrow will fix the issue. Fly screens went in and window glass got a cursory cleaning. 2 panes replaced today due to contractor cleaning off paint incorrectly and the glass team managed to scratch one pane badly. They found 3 more panes scractched by the contractor so now I have 4 to be replaced at the end of the week. Contractors people out to fix some hollow sounding tiles we found because they did not get enough cement applied underneath. Had 3 truckloads of water delivered to get the cistern half full at least. It rained hard this afternoon so we got it up to over half full now. One king bed delivered by the joiner, but he put it in the wrong bedroom. His crew did not work today. The bosses birthday was yesterday and they all got drunk last night at the party.
Still on track to move in this month.
A few pics.
Attachments
DSCF0198.JPG
All the parking taken up today.
DSCF0199.JPG
Main breaker box and Com box.
DSCF0200.JPG
3 phase meter (in a box) installed this morning. We have juice. Don't know why they left the 1 phase meter behind.
DSCF0202.JPG
Fly screens installed and glass/frames getting a cursory cleaning
DSCF0201.JPG
Locally crafted King Bed delivered to wrong bedroom. LOL
scudman

Postby scudman » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:48 pm

It's been 2 months now since we moved in. A small problem with the water pump, but sorted out now. Still work to do, like more planting and WEEDING. I can't seem to get ahead of the weeds. I dig them up but they keep coming back. Grassy looking thing with pods on the bottom that send out runners for new weeds to form. Arrgghh! Suggestions?

Another issue is free range water buffalo that like to visit in the middle of the night and feast on my banana and papaya trees. I heaved a couple of firecrackers at them last night and they took off running. We will see if they return. Obviously I don't have all my perimeter fencing up yet.

Google Earth updated pics for Phuket in December so I have a shot from space to share.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 6.29.50 PM.png
scudman

Previous

Return to Your Building Story