Concrete Flooring

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Concrete Flooring

Postby oil » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:50 am

I got the burden of selecting tiles for some weeks now ... once i selected one i like and i need 90 sqm to order for it, its always the Mai Mi thingie that they dont have enough of those. Happend 3 times already like that. I admit that i am very picky with the tiles i would like thou.

My Wifey said she doesnt like Gouts too much, and i dont like the Glossy ones cause they are very slippery and you see every little dirt on there. So wifey wants the big 60x60 ones cause of the less Gouts, althou i think its a dangerous path with the less Gouts cause if you ever need to repair one withouts gouts it will get very very hard.

In a second i was pissed i told her lets just use Cement Flooring then, then we stop the burden of selecting the tiles, More out of fun i googled concrete flooring and was amazed how great they look.http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/7977902/ ... day-living
or just do a image search for concrete flooring

Now i honestly want concrete flooring, but wifey is totally against it ... even thou its perfectly what she wanted ... no Gouts at all!!

I wanted to check on CTH about others having concrete flooring here but didnt find a thing .. hence the question did i missed something like this would be a bad idea in TH?
or some materials missing here?
oil

Re: Concrete Flooring

Postby MGV12 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:11 am

From what I recall thailazer has concrete flooring.

He hasn't logged on in a while but you could try a PM; if he has email PM alert I am sure he will respond

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby oil » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:13 pm

thx ... and major embarassment...
everywhere where i wrote Gout i meant Grout ...
Thinglish trap happend to me :D
oil

Postby thailazer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:12 pm

Got the PM and will put in my two bits. We loved our concrete floors and only had tile in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Ours were hand trowlled but if we did it again, would rent the power trowels to make it even smoother as well as easier on the crew. Our downstairs floors had oxide in the mix but upstairs was plain and I actually liked the lighter color better. Make sure you lay down plastic sheet before pouring the ground level floors as moisture will come through the concrete from the ground if you don't have a moisture barrier.
thailazer

Postby oil » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:30 am

@thailazer ... thx
got some pics?
oil

Return to cement, concrete and mortar