House Building, Sisaket

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: House Building, Sisaket

Postby runker » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Will have to start reading your Issan posts. My brother in-law has a small shop in Sisaket and he does a business selling gas and shots of liquor and one or two cigarettes at a time. I believe he is able to more than double his profits just my selling in these small amounts.
runker

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:39 am

Mishark,
The link you posted says you have to register to read anything; is that correct?
Roger Ramjet

Postby nanbuilder » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:37 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:Mishark,
The link you posted says you have to register to read anything; is that correct?

Ditto - the link does not work
nanbuilder

Postby runker » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:27 am

TMI on your Issan blog but gives the reader a good feeling of all the other things that may be happening in a person's life during a build here in Thailand.
runker

Postby Mishark » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:58 am

The website is for people who enjoy Pattaya and everything the city has to offer. And "yes", unfortunately you have to register with a username and password, though no personal details are needed (to the best of my knowledge).

Just a little background, to guide you in knowing wheter you may be interested or not:

My life here in Thailand began in Pattaya. Yes, with a working girl, a GoGo dancer to be specific. The posts discuss living in Pattaya, Jomtien and then moving here to the village, building a house and trying to create a lifestyle. The attraction of the village is the extremes in lifestyle between here and Pattaya.

Sometimes I still struggle with making a life here in the village or being single in Pattaya. At the moment it is a balance between the two, with regular trips, sometimes alone and sometimes together. The thread discusses all of this, settling into the village, my thoughts and feelings on things along with contributions from different readers.

Maybe I should have kept quiet about it and just posted some nice house pictures!

Anyway, it is there for anyone who is interested.

Happy building!
Mishark
Mishark

Postby geordie » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:26 am

Mishark you married a girl you are trying to make it work you are adapting to her way of life she is adapting to yours what the F she got up to in her previous life is of no buisness or concern to anyone other than you i am sure no one here is going to cast the first stone lets face it if not for our contributions past and present that line of work would not be available and most girls i have spoken to are there out of desperation to support themselves and their family maybe a few do it for pleasure we all have a past ! but it is that a past !! she has moved on as have you the important thing for you both is forget it and look to the future i wish you both happiness A step toward that happiness is for you to totally forget about her life before you because i get the feeling you are still finding that a bit difficult you have helped her set up a different line of buisness and i hope it works for you both

But one more thing did she get her ring back :mrgreen:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:19 pm

mishark,
Thank you for the clarification about the site. I do love stories. When I get an e mail address (probably in the near future) I would be delighted to read your story.
A man's and woman's personal life is their own and has nothing to do with bigots.
Are you going to get the story published eventually?
Rarely Geordie is totally correct, rarely Geordie is even half correct, but this time he is totally correct.
I salute you for your bravery. May the world of the future have more brave men like you.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Mishark » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:26 pm

geordie wrote:A step toward that happiness is for you to totally forget about her life before you because i get the feeling you are still finding that a bit difficult...

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

Actually, I have no issues regarding her past, that I am aware of. Although dislike when I hear people say "My Thai partner was never a working girl" like being a working girl is something bad. Like, who cares?! For most it is about the person inside, there being good and bad people in all walks of life. No, the reason I stated clearly what my posts are about is because I did not want anybody bothering to register, realising it was something they had no desire to see or read about and then complaining.

Help, we go back several times a year, and while there, visit her friends that still work in Pattaya, and it is not like I am innocent (no hiding it, it is all detailed in my posts).

Fai got two new rings (previous one was sold), but we are still NOT married. Main reason being we have only been together 14 months which for me, is not nearly long enough. Still really enjoy living in the village, though need to balance it out with stays in Pattaya. Once I am convinced that the lifestyle can work, then maybe there will be wedding bells, but that is still probably a few years away.

Roger Ramjet wrote:A man's and woman's personal life is their own and has nothing to do with bigots.

Ummm, yeah, normally a man's and woman's personal life is their own, unless you're me and have gone and created a thread (series of posts) on the internet about it! A real warts and all story of living with a Thai girl that, at least at the moment, is a happy story (even if a little different). The original intent was to address the imbalance of negative stories that abound on the internet about farang and Thai relationships. Now it continues because there is quite a following...

Again, thank you both for your posts - appreciated.
Mishark

Postby elgato » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Ians wrote:"Found out that unless you sell fuel from electric fuel pumps, you can not sell alcohol as well.

Anybody got an old fueld pump they want to get rid of?Mishark"

One good way of reducing the road - tank up the bike as well as the rider.

When I lived in Phrae (about 5 years ago) I was told that a "proper" gas/petrol station could not sell any alcohol. This was confirmed at several stations near me. The result was moving the adult beverages to a big orange cooler behind the station. :wink:

Enjoyed the post. Nice build. :D
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby sezze » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:28 pm

For the site , i will register later today so i can read all the good and bad stuff .
On the other things ... love stories are great .
If some people should not like she working in gogo or other places of Thai girls working with farangs , up to them . I think i can say that at least 90% of the people met their Thai partner in those venues ( gogo / bar / massage ... ) or she has worked in 1 . She is not going to meet a farang staying in the village working at a pig farm or on the ricefield isn't it ? Most of our farangs also are not innocent also from visiting these venues so why bother about the girls side . It is who we are and there is nothing wrong with it . Whatever we do now is the important stuff and how you deal with it together ( even when it is not to moral standards of most people ) .

Now stop posting on the site and get back to building :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sezze

My life in Isaan: with a Pattaya GoGo girl

Postby Mishark » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:36 am

sezze wrote:For the site , i will register later today so i can read all the good and bad stuff .
On the other things ... love stories are great. I think i can say that at least 90% of the people met their Thai partner in those venues ( gogo / bar / massage ... ) or she has worked in one.

Sezze, thanks for your post, both here and on the other site:
My life in Isaan (Moving from Pattaya to Isaan with a GoGo girl)

Glad you have enjoyed the pages you have read so far. Enjoy being here, almost a year in Isaan and six months in the village. Still learning and experiencing a lot of new things. Enjoying the slow stress free way of building, just a bit here and there - the house being built much more for functionality then beauty (though hopefully we get both).

Have been surprised with the reaction, and that it has grown to 70+ pages and 55,000 views! Enjoy making the posts and sharing my experiences and findings with others, and creating a diary of my experiences for myself too.

:D
Mishark

Re: My life in Isaan: with a Pattaya GoGo girl

Postby oneday » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Mishark wrote:...Have been surprised with the reaction, and that it has grown to 70+ pages and 55,000 views! Enjoy making the posts and sharing my experiences and findings with others, and creating a diary of my experiences for myself too... :D

Hey Mishark,

I started out by reading your thread on Pattaya Addicts, which BTW is one of the most entertaining threads I've read in some time, and then I moved over to this thread because of recent goings on in my life. I retired on July 31, 2009 and moved here two weeks later. I've lived in Pattaya now for just over two years with a lovely Thai lady who knew nothing about the bar scene here. Anyway, I just gave her some money to buy a rai of land in her hometown. Her and the whole family are jazzed about it, but it might not be suitable to build on given it's long and narrow. Might have to buy more land next to it or sell and buy another plot. We got a good deal. There's also a question of how big it really is. The paper says 1 rai, but after her father measured it, it calculates out to 1.6 rai or about 2600 sq meters...could be good...could be a problem.

Anyway, all this is besides the point. When I started reading your story on this site I thought for sure I'd see a completed house by now.

So how are things going? What is left to do? Is all the tile in? Has any painting been done? How is the kitchen coming along? Has the perimeter wall been painted? Surely by now almost everything must be close to finished.

Randy
(oneday on Addicts)
oneday

Postby fredwiggy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:10 pm

Mishark, I will be building near where you live. Wife's property is about 30KM south of Kantharalak.
fredwiggy

Postby unclezillion » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Mishark's relationship fell through and i guess he lost the house.
unclezillion

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:23 pm

unclezillion wrote:Mishark's relationship fell through and i guess he lost the house.

Hello unclezillion, good to see you're alive at least, as does happen at times, life is not all a bed of roses.
Roger Ramjet

Previous

Return to Your Building Story