Ban Na Khom-Issan-That Pahom

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Ban Na Khom-Issan-That Pahom

Postby Makmak456 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:23 am

pic of some shelves, 2nd pic last post, mix of 1" tube and 1X2" steel
Makmak456

Postby Makmak456 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:29 am

nailer 820 THB, same for stapler
DSC_1410.JPG
Makmak456

Postby gliffaes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:44 am

Let us know how long they last, Ive used a maktec angle grinder, it got a LOT of use and expired about 18 months later.I went out and bought another when it broke as no time to fix it, Ill keep the second for spares.
I remember I bought an electric drill once and my UK chuck key stripped the teeth right off the Thai one.
Since then Ive brought tools over from the UK where they are actually cheaper than Thailand.
Bosch heavy duty hammer 5000 baht Uk 7500+ Thailand.
gliffaes

Postby gliffaes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:47 am

Makmak456 wrote:pics
(for the picks junkie's)
DSC_1314.JPG

You should be able to get at least 3 cows in the back or one elephant!! or if Thai all 4!!!! :shock:
gliffaes

Postby Makmak456 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:36 am

REport on the air nailer and stapler.....2-3K through both, no pompens !!
TaTa 1 year, 13K Km, only problem is the power windows slipped off track and were fixxed under warrenty.

On to the house, Upstairs is now "Chapped" inside and out. Ready for windows , after painting window frame and above the windows. After we paint the rest of the inside(primer and then the finish paint) tile will be on the project schedule.
This year between rice, tabacco, etc building has slowed down to a series of "Projects"

The downstairs is mostly complete, so we have our own space, Nu's semi outdoor kitchen is comming along very well.
I bit the bullet and bought a delux 4 burner/convection oven unit, and a made in the USA KitchenAid mixer 31K THB each (ouch)......
More later (still stateside, until 1 Nov)
Mark
Makmak456

Postby Makmak456 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Random thoughts............
It is now 3.5 years into the build. I think we will finally get windows in in november.
Then aircon for upstairs bed room only. then tile and this will be a done deal. Primer and
finish paint somewhere in there to. Hmm electric, plumbing etc !!

Sorry no new pics at this time as my laptop went Tango Up, and I am posting on a virgin laptop
all the pics were on the one that died. Back-ups are in Thailand {at least I remembered to do that }.
Mark
Makmak456

Postby marcas » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:52 pm

Your build is very similar to the idea's I have in my head. I can see you come and go, but would be very pleased if you ever have time to discuss a few things with me?
marcas

Postby snakebean » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:19 am

This is my first post so id like to thank all the people on here who have added info, it has already been so valuable.
I will be building my house starting next year in isaan. purchasing land next month and raising it ready for building on in 2017.

Would love to know how things are going makmak456 as i am planning a similar build to you and would like to know if you are still
on track for your budget?

I'm coming from Melbourne OZ so the shipping container info was great.

Hope to hear how things are going.

Tooafukyao aka snakebean
snakebean

Previous

Return to Your Building Story