Plaswall Construction

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Plaswall Construction

Postby malcolminthemiddle » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:15 pm

I'm thinking of using Plaswall Construction on a new build.

http://www.sterlingforms.com/panel-types

Should I have any concerns?

Thanks in advance.
malcolminthemiddle

Re: Plaswall Construction

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:28 pm

malcolminthemiddle wrote:I'm thinking of using Plaswall Construction on a new build.

Thanks in advance.

Finding it would be the first, followed by finding anyone who can build with it, then probably the price.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby dianaahilton » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:27 pm

Plaswall is a unique fibrocement that replaces costly steel aluminum and plywood formworks. It produces a complete load bearing wall with a complete rendered finish. And it requires significantly lower skilled labor to build high quality concrete homes and buildings. Also, this kind of system is effective to use in constructing houses, schools, high rise buildings and landscape structures.

For developers and builders, Plaswall Building System gives a great deal of benefit. For one, it has fast clean method of building that is twice as fast as the traditional way; ensuring buyers and clients a predictable deliver time of home. It is prefabricated to order, so wastages are minimized.
dianaahilton

Postby pipoz » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:58 pm

malcolminthemiddle wrote:I'm thinking of using Plaswall Construction on a new build.

Thanks in advance.

Why bother and what are you trying to achieve?

Systems such as these (Plaswall) were developed for the West, by Boffins, where labour costs (and in some cases material cost) became prohibitive sites and pushed up the overall economics of the development along with running costs over that building life (mostly for Commercial Buildings). Rarely if ever, have they been economical to use in Residential Dwelling construction

In the case of house construction in Thailand, even to a lesser extent. I cant see them offering any economic benefit, whether it be in the initial construction material cost or the running cost of the house, thereafter. The basic cost of concrete and blocks is very cheap in Thailand by western standards and so is the labour cost.

Just my 2 cents worth

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Shastadad » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:45 am

I would be concerned that their contact email address for Thailand has a Philippines ending :roll:

inquiry@ecostrong.ph

P.S. I sure would like to see such a clean construction site in Thailand as the one depicted in the picture :lol:
Shastadad

Postby jazzman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:31 pm

The entire thread is artspam with the exception of course of our regular members who are trying to be helpful.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to cement, concrete and mortar