Kanchanaburi build

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Kanchanaburi build

Postby OskarL » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:23 am

Hi folks.

New to this forum.
My name is Oskar, 28, and I am an architect. I plan to start a house project in Kanchanaburi area very soon.
My wife and I own a site of 2 rai, and have been working on different plans for a long time now.. finally the finished product is being sent to a thai engineer.
In the near future I will be postning photos, the build story, and my own story as it goes up. We live in Denmark right now, but are planning to make a move to Thailand for a change.

I quess I might be the youngest in this forum, and im definately not retiring! but as many of you, I love Thailand and I see many opportunities in the land of smiles :D

This build is inspired from scandinavia and will be a modern style family home that defies the standard in Thailand.

Thank you for all the inspiration here on the site!

Photos coming...

18.November 2015 - OskarL
OskarL

Kanchanaburi build - Visual graphics

Postby OskarL » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:33 am

render 1.JPG

render 2.JPG

render 3.JPG

render 4.JPG
OskarL

Re: Kanchanaburi build

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:46 am

OskarL wrote:Hi folks.

New to this forum.
My name is Oskar, 28, and I am an architect. I plan to start a house project in Kanchanaburi area very soon.
My wife and I own a site of 2 rai, and have been working on different plans for a long time now.. finally the finished product is being sent to a thai engineer.
In the near future I will be postning photos, the build story, and my own story as it goes up. We live in Denmark right now, but are planning to make a move to Thailand for a change.

I quess I might be the youngest in this forum, and im definately not retiring! but as many of you, I love Thailand and I see many opportunities in the land of smiles :D

This build is inspired from scandinavia and will be a modern style family home that defies the standard in Thailand.

Thank you for all the inspiration here on the site!

Photos coming...

Hi and welcome Oskar

If you don't mind a comment you are designing a house with a lot of solar gain, all that unshaded glass is going to keep you very hot.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby eyecatcher » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Your design looks very modular. Picture 3 just looks like you are going to try a container build. If thats the case its inspired.
eyecatcher

Floorplans

Postby OskarL » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:57 pm

Floorplan 1.jpg
Floorplan.jpg
OskarL

Postby OskarL » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:45 am

by Sometimewoodworker »
Hi and welcome Oskar
If you don't mind a comment you are designing a house with a lot of solar gain, all that unshaded glass is going to keep you very hot.

Thanks :) the house is located in a way that least amount of sunlight would enter through the windows and doors - its done with a solar analysis with Autodesk.. but i will be making exterior shading for them after a probably short trial without. I just didnt draw them yet.. planning something like lamels from hardwood for the ones that are most exposed to the sun.

by eyecatcher »
Your design looks very modular. Picture 3 just looks like you are going to try a container build. If thats the case its inspired.

I think containers have too many limitations, but I do see alot of them for sale in Kanchanaburi though, and they can make a fine small house.
Its about the sunlight and placing all the smaller windows on that side since i want a house without the normal roof overhang.
Also I am trying to incude a natural touch, with painted concrete "wooden" boards in a couple of the facade areas.

By the way, the house will be build with normal concrete collumns and beams, and a light ventilated roof structure from steel, for a metalpanel roofing. Infill will be with 200mm Insee superblocks. Windows are all singel panel and painted aluminium. Smaller windows in the bedrom and bathrooms might be added with an extra interior removeable glas panels for soundproofing. Ceilings will be gypsum with insulation on top to keep heat and noise out. Nothing out of the ordinary except from the structure which still might change because of large spans in the kitchen area... will have to wait for an answer from the engineer on that.
OskarL

Site fotos

Postby OskarL » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:04 am

site 2.jpg
site.jpg
OskarL

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:38 am

OskarL wrote: Nothing out of the ordinary except from the structure which still might change because of large spans in the kitchen area... will have to wait for an answer from the engineer on that.

Not a big problem on long spans, in our build we have a span of 10 metres and three 8 metre ones. A correctly designed truss will happily do longer than that, just take a look at the parking area roofs of any of the big stores, or the service area in a main car dealer.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:02 am

OskarL wrote:nfill will be with 200mm Insee superblocks. Windows are all singel panel and painted aluminium. Smaller windows in the bedrom and bathrooms might be added with an extra interior removeable glas panels for soundproofing.

Exactly the way I planned my house, but after talking with Max (Max and Bee in Chiang Mai) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1970 I changed my mind and used double skinned 7.5 superblock and chased all the electrical and water/sewerage pipes through the air gap between.
My biggest problem was the glass windows/doors, they can superheat a house in no time at all and to get around this we put exterior shades over every window and also interior reflective shades over every door and window. Mine was trial and error even though the house was positioned to have the least amount of sun on the windows and doors at any one time. Even the sun on one of the glass doors at 1700hrs in the evening will cook-up your house for the night. Your windows and doors, unless double glazed will be a major problem.
Roger Ramjet

Postby OskarL » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:18 am

Update 8)
Attachments
5079383612963(1).jpg
OskarL

Return to Your Building Story