QUICK BUILD IN ROIET

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

QUICK BUILD IN ROIET

Postby randyr100 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:54 am

IMG_9662.JPG
IMG_9680.JPG
IMG_9680.JPG
Hello,
I am new to the site and must say it is very informative. My wife of 14 years and I recently acquired a spot of land in her village of Ban Chom Sa-At in Roiet which had an Isaan style two story old house on it. We got what I thought to be a fair price however, the house would have been a major project to remodel so we had it disassembled. There was a decent cement perimeter wall already in place with a couple of fruit trees. Wanting to get something in place for us to be able to visit with some western amenities like air con, hot water and western toilet, we turned to a company in Roiet which builds wooden houses off site, delivers them and sets them up. After choosing our design and amenities, they began construction and after three months the house was in place. I paid 580,000 Baht for the entire house to include set up, air con, hot water, 32" TV and satellite included. I can't yet attest to the quality of the build first hand as I will not be back there for another couple of months however, in the meantime I am finding it difficult to locate anyone in the village who is either able or willing to enclose the downstairs area in simple concrete, adding an Isaan kitchen and toilet. Does anyone know of anyone in the area who does quick and inexpensive cement work?

Randy
Attachments
IMG_9690.JPG
randyr100

Re: QUICK BUILD IN ROIET

Postby olavhome » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi, good luck with your task.
Have Your wife asked if her Family know any workers?
However, You need to be careful and get price from at least 2 different groups to compare.
Locals dont hesitate to overcharge unexperienced falangs.
(As price example: When people make perimeter wall normal price is about thb 700-800 pr meter. So your blocking and rendering should be comparative.)
When you get prices you should also ask Your wife(Family) their opinion of price. Then they may check out locally if they are lojal to you.

My experience is that when I come to Thailand on holiday and tell I plan to get something done (sometime in future :D ) workers tends to pop up within an hour.
Nothing moves as quick as rumours of some easy bath in LOS :D
olavhome

Postby randyr100 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks for the advice! It's funny you mentioned it, but today the next door neighbor came forward and said he and his crew could easily do it. I plan to purchase all materials and just waiting for them to give me a quote. The only stipulation is that I allow them to attend to their farm next month when the rice is ready. Seems like an easy enough compromise if the price is right. Take care.
randyr100

Postby jaiyenyen » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi,
I'm very interested to see your post. My wife and I have some land in Roi-et (Amphur, Atsamat) where we plan on building a similar style of house for the occasional holiday.
I'm impressed with the price that the local company charged for the build. Does that include a bathroom upstairs? I couldn't see any drainage pipes in the photos. What size is the house? What's the layout like upstairs? Could you pass on the details of the building company?
Sorry to ask so many questions.

Cheers
jaiyenyen

Postby randyr100 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:08 am

banknockdown 2.jpg
banknockdown.jpg
banknockdown 4.jpg
banknockdown 5.jpg
banknockdown 3.jpg
Hello,
Yes, there is a bathroom on the top floor. We are waiting to get the bottom enclosed before connecting the drainage pipes and connecting the water. There are however several completed ones to view on their website. Once again, I cannot attest to the actual sturdiness and quality of the build first hand for another couple of months when we visit, but it looks good to me so far. The house is 7 meters X 9 meters. Here are some additional pics from their website of our house. The web information is on the photos. Good luck.

Cheers,
Randy
randyr100

Postby jaiyenyen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks for that Randy.
I had a look on their website and was very impressed with what they have. I'll definitely be calling in there on my next visit to Roi-et. Also, it looks like they're only a few km's from our village.
I'm looking forward to hearing your reaction when you see your home for the first time.
Here's a link to their facebook page for anyone else that's interested. http://www.facebook.com/banknokdown
jaiyenyen

Postby randyr100 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:28 pm

Thanks, I'll be sure to post my thoughts and pics once I see it at Christmas. Take care and good luck as well.
randyr100

Return to Your Building Story