Double glaze - price estimate

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Double glaze - price estimate

Postby Ians » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:48 pm

Would anyone have an idea of a budget figure per M2 or a particular window size already priced for quality alum. window and frame with double glazing.
Thanks
Ians

Re: Double glaze - price estimate

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:10 am

Ians wrote:Would anyone have an idea of a budget figure per M2 or a particular window size already priced for quality alum. window and frame with double glazing.
Thanks

There are so many variations available it would only make sense to answer for a specific example. However I have seen readymade units in Global House that would be a good starting point.

The price for custom made units will be affected by the type of glass, low e, tint, thickness, air gap, fill, thickness of aluminium in the frame etc.

If you contact Thaipom26 via his website he will probably be able to answer from his installed units. He is unlikely to visit CoolThaiHouse.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Ians » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:50 am

Thanks
Ians

Postby pipoz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:36 am

Ians wrote:Would anyone have an idea of a budget figure per M2 or a particular window size already priced for quality alum. window and frame with double glazing.
Thanks

Hi Ian's

Drop a line to http://www.agc-flatglass.co.th/

They have locations/distributors all around Thailand and a wide range of glazing products.

My window manufacturer in Chiang Mai, is getting my TEMPTAG (Heat Treated), 8 mm thick GLASS from them.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby chippy72 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi.
I am currently looking at prices of UPVC windows and doors. I want a good quality frame (profile) and double glazed with low e glass can anyone help.
The companies using euro profile say Chinese or Thai is no good and the Thai companies say the same about the euro profile. Does anyone have solid evidence of which one if any discolour or become brittle.
chippy72

Postby pipoz » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:26 am

chippy72 wrote:Hi.
I am currently looking at prices of UPVC windows and doors. I want a good quality frame (profile) and double glazed with low e glass can anyone help.
The companies using euro profile say Chinese or Thai is no good and the Thai companies say the same about the euro profile. Does anyone have solid evidence of which one if any discolour or become brittle.

Sent you a PM

pipoz
pipoz

Postby jordan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:53 pm

chippy72 wrote:Hi.

I just gotten some new doors and windows from <link removed - mod>. The quality looks pretty good and their service was fast. My windows and doors were installed within 3 weeks from the day I ordered them. I would say that the prices were also pretty reasonable. Regarding the debate between euro profile vs. Chinese or Thai profiles, I would say go with the euro profiles. I have a friend who's been living for 10 years around Mabprachan lake area and their house has uPVC euro profiles, it still looks good and hasn't discoloured whatsoever. Hope this helps!
jordan

Return to windows and doors