Building in Krabi (Nong Thale)

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building in Krabi (Nong Thale)

Postby flubby » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:38 pm

underslab2.jpg
This is a nice touch.

underslab1.jpg
flubby

Postby flubby » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Post damage. He covered over some of the cracks today. Now even it is cracking.

unrpairedpost.jpg

The attachment posttopile.jpg is no longer available

The attachment posttopile.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
toppost2.jpg
repairedpost.jpg
flubby

Postby flubby » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:19 pm

housefront.jpg

housefron1right.jpg

houseback.jpg

housebackabove.jpg
flubby

Postby pipoz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:57 pm

flubby wrote:
paperinwall.jpg

That is a standard Thai practice "using paper to fill gaps before the pour concrete"

They are too lazy to cut timber forms correctly or cut timber make up pieces to fill gaps or even use a little sand-cement to fill gaps first, before the concrete pour.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby flubby » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:12 pm

Well the good news is...I don't see anything major that I can't fix myself. The bad news...see how there is no roof?? I paid him for the roof around April. I found out he spent the money building someone else house. Now he is trying to "hurry" and finish the walls in hopes I pay him. I also found out that he has not paid the store for all the metal frame work on the roof. Again he claims he paid for the roof, but we called Intertech today. He has not paid them.
flubby

Postby eyecatcher » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:43 pm

flubby wrote:Well the good news is...I don't see anything major that I can't fix myself. The bad news...see how there is no roof?? I paid him for the roof around April. I found out he spent the money building someone else house. Now he is trying to "hurry" and finish the walls in hopes I pay him. I also found out that he has not paid the store for all the metal frame work on the roof. Again he claims he paid for the roof, but we called Intertech today. He has not paid them.

This is deja vu for me; I wondered where my builder went to next. :)
Its a lovely design and such a pity you couldnt have been on the job more often.

The photos look pretty damning when you focus on one element; to me its just untidy, amateur building;
A lot of that damage appears to me like thet have just ripped off the shuttering with crow bars and claw hammers busting open the column heads but apart from that column that appears to be suspended on wood what is the worst thing you have seen?

One technical question to throw out there. You show a photo with what appears to be 10mm leccy conduit surface fixed. If what I read, the general render thickness is 10mm then surely its not feasible to surface fix any conduits?
eyecatcher

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:26 pm

flubby wrote:Well the good news is...I don't see anything major that I can't fix myself. The bad news...see how there is no roof??

I would recommend a quick trip to the police station tomorrow and sign a formal complaint. Strange as it may seem the police do some police work on occasions and the fact he's still in the area means they'll know him. The fact that he's spent your money on someone elses house is a criminal offence and he's probably spent the money on a new truck as well. You're going to live there Flubby and lose face even before you move in. He's probably bragged about it all over the neighbourhood how he's ripped off the farang. Well it's time for you to gain face and report him for theft. Go to the police, my wife and I have nothing but good stories about them, they've helped us in many situations and they've always been fair and above board.
Roger Ramjet

Postby flubby » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Yes we told them not to put in anymore conduit until they render the wall. The plans call for a double wall with a 5cm gap. The wood / pile post is the worst thing I have found so far. I have not had a chance to check the roof frame yet. This guy's method on operation is just say "yes, yes" to everything, then try to cover it up with more concrete. I was hoping for 2 solids walls, not one I can grade cheese on. Ok more later.
flubby

Postby schuimpge » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:54 pm

True enough Stww..wasn't aware that it's only him controlling and patrolling the forum.. sure is a task often taken for granted..

MGV12, quite sure you didn't take that personally, but in case, that was sure not an attack on you or any other CTH moderator.

Luc
schuimpge

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:45 am

MGV12 is in the hospital, he is offline right now will try to get hold of Dozer.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby schuimpge » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:38 am

BKKBILL wrote:MGV12 is in the hospital, he is offline right now will try to get hold of Dozer.

That's not good news. Please give him my warm regards if you talk with him and wish him a speedy recovery.
schuimpge

Previous

Return to Your Building Story