Bondcrete or equivalent in Isaan?

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Bondcrete or equivalent in Isaan?

Postby Thaifelix » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Has anybody seen Bondcrete for sale in Isaan? Being from Oz I have had a bit of experience with it and its an excellent product. I have heard its available in Bangkok but have been unsuccessful finding it here in Isaan (I am about equal distance from Udon Thani, Kalasin and Khon Kaen). I have a couple of jobs coming up where it would be very handy, such as bonding old concrete/cement to new and using it as a water-sealing admix to concrete in a fish pond construction. If not, does anyone know of an equivalent product and where to purchase? Many thanks in advance.
Thaifelix

Re: Bondcrete or equivalent in Isaan?

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Thaifelix wrote:Has anybody seen Bondcrete for sale in Isaan? Being from Oz I have had a bit of experience with it and its an excellent product. I have heard its available in Bangkok but have been unsuccessful finding it here in Isaan (I am about equal distance from Udon Thani, Kalasin and Khon Kaen). I have a couple of jobs coming up where it would be very handy, such as bonding old concrete/cement to new and using it as a water-sealing admix to concrete in a fish pond construction. If not, does anyone know of an equivalent product and where to purchase? Many thanks in advance.

The stuff you should be looking for is Lanko 451 or 751 (I seem to always get the number wrong). It comes in large drums that cost about 1,500 baht each. It's 751 and there's a photo of it on this page: download/file.php?id=12134&mode=view
Roger Ramjet

Postby Thaifelix » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks Roger, Lanko 751 it is then.
Thaifelix

Postby pipoz » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Thaifelix wrote:Has anybody seen Bondcrete for sale in Isaan? Being from Oz I have had a bit of experience with it and its an excellent product. I have heard its available in Bangkok but have been unsuccessful finding it here in Isaan (I am about equal distance from Udon Thani, Kalasin and Khon Kaen). I have a couple of jobs coming up where it would be very handy, such as bonding old concrete/cement to new and using it as a water-sealing admix to concrete in a fish pond construction. If not, does anyone know of an equivalent product and where to purchase? Many thanks in advance.

Hi and its available at Thaiwatsadu (Udon Thani). Crocodile(USA) is another common product Brand for concrete type works, that may also have a bonding agent.

I bought some to help bond my 50-70mm floor leveling screed to my concrete slab. 20L drum for TB 2690 (Photo attached)

Also some other photos and prices of other Lanko and concrete related products, (that might be of interest)taken in Thaiwatsadu, Udon Thani

pipoz
Attachments
Lanko 751 (M).jpg
Lanko 751 (M)
Lanko & Epoxy (M).jpg
Lanko & Epoxy (M)
Lanko 534 Epoxy(L).jpg
Lanko 534 Epoxy(L)
Render (M).jpg
Render (M)
Lanko & Be Bond (M).jpg
Lanko & Be Bond (M)
pipoz

Postby Thaifelix » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks Pipoz, very informative response.
Thaifelix

Return to cement, concrete and mortar