Concrete Swimming Pool - Experience anyone?

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Concrete Swimming Pool - Experience anyone?

Postby lnv » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:47 am

Hi everyone. On a recent trip to Cambodia we came across this pool in one of the resorts (Bohemiaz):

And here's a how-to video if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XIT3sHvL0

The owners told me that it was originally just a typical pond which they converted into this concrete pool. It looks great! I was surprised that I hadn't yet seen one here in Thailand. Does anyone here have experience in making one of these and any idea about costs? I would potentially like to contract someone to do it for me but I have no idea where to start! (I'm in Chiang Mai by the way...)

Cheers.
lnv

Re: Concrete Swimming Pool - Experience anyone?

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Seems the video is unavailable.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Klondyke » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi lnv,
Do you have more info about the construction? How the water was maintained? Was the water clear?
Anyway, I do not have experience with such size ans style, however, know something how to make an affordable swimming pool in unconventional way. There is few info I had placed here sometime ago. If interested about something like this you can PM me.
Klondyke

Postby lnv » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Sorry, I don't know the full details. I was hoping somebody here would know.
Klondyke, I tried to PM you but the system won't allow me since I am new here. Feel free to post your idea here or try and PM me. Thanks.
lnv

Postby Klondyke » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:01 pm

lnv wrote:Sorry, I don't know the full details. I was hoping somebody here would know.
Klondyke, I tried to PM you but the system won't allow me since I am new here. Feel free to post your idea here or try and PM me. Thanks.

My PM is on the way. My question was, did you see somebody swimming in the pool and how the water looked like?
Klondyke

Return to swimming pool