concrete road prices

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: concrete road prices

Postby canopy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:29 am

Looks awfully narrow. It doesn't look like that 6 wheel truck could make the turn with all wheels on the road.
canopy

Postby gliffaes » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:11 am

canopy wrote:Looks awfully narrow. It doesn't look like that 6 wheel truck could make the turn with all wheels on the road.

Not sure what you mean by the big truck making the turn, it doesnt have to. its there to pump concrete up the hill
The road is 2.5 metres wide its mean for pick ups to drive through the pineapples its not meant for big lorries.
The entrance into the land is 4m and another at 4.5 metres wide.
gliffaes

Postby gliffaes » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:58 am

Mike Judd wrote:I wouldn't worry about vibrating the drive too much if he doesnn't bother, it's not as important with a slab 100m.m. thick, not like a beam or column. If he has a mix that has the right amount of water (Not thin soup though) it will flow out and compact with his normal screeding and levelling . It really is the steel and positioned where the tension is that's the most important. I have mentioned it before but in Oz now ,all thicknesses and sizes of mesh comes in deformed or crinkled steel, so in tension it resists any slipping through the concrete, something that doesn't seem to have reached Thailand yet, at least out of Bangkok.

Mike for your information I saw the crinkled steel already made up in sheets for sale at the builders merchant down here near Hua Hin, at Khao Tao to be exact....first time Ive ever seen it for road building here.
gliffaes

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:11 pm

gliffaes wrote:Mike for your information I saw the crinkled steel already made up in sheets for sale at the builders merchant down here near Hua Hin, at Khao Tao to be exact....first time Ive ever seen it for road building here.

Don't think Mike will be interested since he passed away Dec. 2014.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby gliffaes » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:02 pm

BKKBILL wrote:
gliffaes wrote:Mike for your information I saw the crinkled steel already made up in sheets for sale at the builders merchant down here near Hua Hin, at Khao Tao to be exact....first time Ive ever seen it for road building here.

Oh dear I didnt know thanks for letting me know, oh well rip Mike
gliffaes

Postby MGV12 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:19 pm

gliffaes wrote:
BKKBILL wrote:

Oh dear I didnt know thanks for letting me know, oh well rip Mike

FYI ... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4835

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby gliffaes » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Well sure enough 5 blokes cant lay 36 cubes of concrete in a day....................do you want the photos? oh but dont worry "they can fix it" what an effin mess machine pumped it way faster than 5 blokes could lay it again ZERO planning.
I then spoke to my Mum on Skype and she told me my dad died at 9.30pm last night 3.30 am Thai time today :cry:
Guess April fools day will have more meaning form now on............. bye Dad xxxxx
gliffaes

Postby MGV12 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:25 pm

gliffaes wrote:Well sure enough 5 blokes cant lay 36 cubes of concrete in a day....................do you want the photos? oh but dont worry "they can fix it" what an effin mess machine pumped it way faster than 5 blokes could lay it again ZERO planning.
I then spoke to my Mum on Skype and she told me my dad died at 9.30pm last night 3.30 am Thai time today :cry:
Guess April fools day will have more meaning form now on............. bye Dad xxxxx

Bad day big time ... may your dad RIP

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby gliffaes » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:12 pm

MGV12 wrote:
gliffaes wrote:Well sure enough 5 blokes cant lay 36 cubes of concrete in a day....................do you want the photos? oh but dont worry "they can fix it" what an effin mess machine pumped it way faster than 5 blokes could lay it again ZERO planning.

Bad day big time ... may your dad RIP

Thanks MGV
gliffaes

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your Dad gliffaes, brings back memories, fortunately they turn to good memories.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Sorry to hear about your Dad gliffaes.
Roger Ramjet

Postby gliffaes » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks to all :cry:
Sorry to hear about Mike Ive just been too busy to look in much
Attachments
slidess (1).JPG
gliffaes