extrior paint

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

extrior paint

Postby rysoul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:58 pm

hello everyone,
my name rysoul, stayed in Malaysia...i've in dilemma in chosing extrior paint to my house. I heard Pammastic paint under beger paint product is good and long lasting paint....so any opinion about this matters.

tq
:D appreciate to anybody to give comment n help me to choose the paint.
rysoul

Re: extrior paint

Postby pipoz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:45 pm

rysoul wrote:hello everyone,
my name rysoul, stayed in Malaysia...i've in dilemma in chosing extrior paint to my house. I heard Pammastic paint under beger paint product is good and long lasting paint....so any opinion about this matters.

tq
:D appreciate to anybody to give comment n help me to choose the paint.

I am presently using Jotun - Jotashield Extreme on my exterior.

pipoz
Attachments
1 EXTREME 5GL Exterior Paint TB 4,790 - 259573.jpg
EXTREME 5GL Exterior Paint TB 4,790
pipoz

Postby fab99 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:00 am

I have used TOA 7in1, it is one of the most expensive, but in the long run, it is usually cheaper to use good products...

My perimeter wall looked bad after only 2 years with the TOA 4seasons that my builders used (low end paint and highly diluted...), so I repainted it with TOA 7in1 and I expect it to last a lot more.

What I like the most about the 7in1 is its elasticity, it can stretch a lot and cover the small cracks that could appear in your render over time. It is also very easy to clean.

I have even used the 7in1 to paint my vinyl Windsor gutters and 1 year on, no problem, a normal paint would probably not have sticked as well.

Shop around for paint, there is a big difference between the shops (about 15%), I think the cheapest is Global House.
fab99

Postby olavhome » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Also I plan go for Jotun (of course) :D
Done it here back home for 40 years and been ok.
Understand their asian paint also is quality
olavhome

Return to material prices & building costs