Bi Fold Doors

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Bi Fold Doors

Postby mroll320 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:34 pm

Anybody got any links or ideas of cost for aprox 4.5 set of bifold doors? Had a look around at chritmas and never saw any?
Martyn
mroll320
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:14 am

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby fredlk » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:07 am

mroll320 wrote: ideas of cost for aprox 4.5 set of bifold doors?

When I had a look in 2010 I saw a 6 metre wide by 2 metre high installation for 200,000 Baht, 10 times more expensive than sliding.
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby mroll320 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:19 pm

£4000 would be about the UK price, the builder I spoke with gave me the impression they would n`t be much more than french doors?

The design of the house is totally based on the living aera and all the bedrooms opening on to a terrace and pool in the centre of a U shape layout. I think Bi-fold essential for living and dining aera to get the effect I want?

open to suggestions?

thanks for the reply
mroll320
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:14 am

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby pipoz » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:31 am

mroll320 wrote:£4000 would be about the UK price, the builder I spoke with gave me the impression they would n`t be much more than french doors?

The design of the house is totally based on the living aera and all the bedrooms opening on to a terrace and pool in the centre of a U shape layout. I think Bi-fold essential for living and dining aera to get the effect I want?

open to suggestions?

thanks for the reply


I suppose it depends on whether you are making them in Aluminium, UPVC or Timber frame and the glass that you choose.

Six months back I got several quotes from a reputable Company in Thailand for a Folding Door Assembly made up of 6 Folding Panels, to cover a 3.0m wide opening x 2.2m high. It was to be Aluminium Frame with 6.38mm Clear Laminated Glass, as below
1.Folding Door Assembly: White Colour it was TB 66,500 (ex Factory) excluding, transport, installation and VAT
2.Folding Door Assembly: Texture Colour it was around TB 75,00 (ex Factory) excluding, transport, installation and VAT

I received comparable quotations from reasonably high end UPVC Manufacturers for the same size assembly, but as a Sliding Door Assembly.

3.UPVC Mocca Colour Frame 3.0m x 2.2m French Sliding Door Assembly TB 76,600. (ex Factory) excluding, transport, installation and VAT

I did receive on from a UPVC Manufacturer for a Folding Door Assembly 3.0m x 2.2m and he wanted TB 200,000 plus, so I quickly put that in the bin

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby pattayapope » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Check this out its a company in Chachoengsao called Sun Paradise a friend had some bifold doors made in powder coated aluminium the quality is very good and if I built again I would probably of looked at using their product.

http://www.sunparadise.co.th/
pattayapope
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Huai Yai Chonburi

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby mroll320 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:43 am

75k does n`t sound to bad. I need 2 sets I think? the opening will be 5 to 6m. Aluminuim is fine be me, what are the implications? I`m going for a sort of tropical villa look with all bedrooms and living aera opening up on to a terrace and pool.

thanks for the help and the link... will check it out.

Martyn
mroll320
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:14 am

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby pipoz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:58 pm

mroll320 wrote:75k does n`t sound to bad. I need 2 sets I think? the opening will be 5 to 6m. Aluminuim is fine be me, what are the implications? I`m going for a sort of tropical villa look with all bedrooms and living aera opening up on to a terrace and pool.

thanks for the help and the link... will check it out.

Martyn


Just remember the 75K was for a 3.0m wide opening

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby Hotsox » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:19 am

pipoz wrote:
mroll320 wrote:£4000 would be about the UK price, the builder I spoke with gave me the impression they would n`t be much more than french doors?

The design of the house is totally based on the living aera and all the bedrooms opening on to a terrace and pool in the centre of a U shape layout. I think Bi-fold essential for living and dining aera to get the effect I want?

open to suggestions?

thanks for the reply


I suppose it depends on whether you are making them in Aluminium, UPVC or Timber frame and the glass that you choose.

Six months back I got several quotes from a reputable Company in Thailand for a Folding Door Assembly made up of 6 Folding Panels, to cover a 3.0m wide opening x 2.2m high. It was to be Aluminium Frame with 6.38mm Clear Laminated Glass, as below
1.Folding Door Assembly: White Colour it was TB 66,500 (ex Factory) excluding, transport, installation and VAT
2.Folding Door Assembly: Texture Colour it was around TB 75,00 (ex Factory) excluding, transport, installation and VAT

I received comparable quotations from reasonably high end UPVC Manufacturers for the same size assembly, but as a Sliding Door Assembly.

3.UPVC Mocca Colour Frame 3.0m x 2.2m French Sliding Door Assembly TB 76,600. (ex Factory) excluding, transport, installation and VAT

I did receive on from a UPVC Manufacturer for a Folding Door Assembly 3.0m x 2.2m and he wanted TB 200,000 plus, so I quickly put that in the bin

pipoz




Could you give us the names of the companies that gave you reasonable quotes for the Bi-Folding doors? I am in the process of looking for that exact thing for my condo renovations in BKK>

Regards,
S)
Hotsox
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Hotsox wrote:
pipoz wrote:
mroll320 wrote:£4000 would be about the UK price, the builder I spoke with gave me the impression they would n`t be much more than french doors?

The design of the house is totally based on the living aera and all the bedrooms opening on to a terrace and pool in the centre of a U shape layout. I think Bi-fold essential for living and dining aera to get the effect I want?

open to suggestions?

thanks for the reply


I suppose it depends on whether you are making them in Aluminium, UPVC or Timber frame and the glass that you choose.

Six months back I got several quotes from a reputable Company in Thailand for a Folding Door Assembly made up of 6 Folding Panels, to cover a 3.0m wide opening x 2.2m high. It was to be Aluminium Frame with 6.38mm Clear Laminated Glass, as below
1.Folding Door Assembly: White Colour it was TB 66,500 (ex Factory) excluding, transport, installation and VAT
2.Folding Door Assembly: Texture Colour it was around TB 75,00 (ex Factory) excluding, transport, installation and VAT

I received comparable quotations from reasonably high end UPVC Manufacturers for the same size assembly, but as a Sliding Door Assembly.

3.UPVC Mocca Colour Frame 3.0m x 2.2m French Sliding Door Assembly TB 76,600. (ex Factory) excluding, transport, installation and VAT

I did receive on from a UPVC Manufacturer for a Folding Door Assembly 3.0m x 2.2m and he wanted TB 200,000 plus, so I quickly put that in the bin

pipoz




Could you give us the names of the companies that gave you reasonable quotes for the Bi-Folding doors? I am in the process of looking for that exact thing for my condo renovations in BKK>

Regards,
S)
SWMBO and I visited the manufacturing facility of a company in Bangkok who specialise in Inoutic profiles for doors and windows (German manufactured product) they do sliding, Bi-Fold and regular opening doors regular glass, laminated glass and IGU with an argon fill also the have all the usual tints + low-e glass. The door locks on the higher end profiles are multi-point. They also have English speaking staff.

We didn't get quotations as we are probably 2 years out from building. They were happy to spend over 2 hours with us giving full information about their products. They also have mosquito netting on a roller or concertina frames.
image.jpg
IGU

image.jpg
Mosquito nett

image.jpg
PVC shutters

image.jpg
Lift and slide door

image.jpg
Example of folding door
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1853
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby Hotsox » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks for the info Sometimes...I"ll give it a look see.....
Hotsox
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby Hotsox » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Yes Sometime that would be great if you could pm me that info, sorry i can't seem to message you as I'm a new member!?

Cheers!
Hotsox
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby AJBangkok » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:41 am

Sorry to resurect an older thread but I am also looking for bi fold doors and I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction to get some reasonably priced aluminum or Upvc bi fold doors. One upvc company quoted 18,000 per sqm so as I need 2 sets of 7m X 3m sets its a little bit crazy at 738,000 plus they wanted 21k for installation. I didn't bother asking if those prices were including or excluding VAT.
AJBangkok
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:27 am

AJBangkok wrote:Sorry to resurect an older thread but I am also looking for bi fold doors and I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction to get some reasonably priced aluminum or Upvc bi fold doors. One upvc company quoted 18,000 per sqm so as I need 2 sets of 7m X 3m sets its a little bit crazy at 738,000 plus they wanted 21k for installation. I didn't bother asking if those prices were including or excluding VAT.

Do you want high end quality at a more sensible price?
If so then sales3@prime-asia.co.th can help you

They are the company making our doors and windows

The fitting cost seems, reasonable the doors less so.
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1853
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby andymac » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:23 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:Do you want high end quality at a more sensible price?
If so then sales3@prime-asia.co.th can help you

They are the company making our doors and windows

The fitting cost seems, reasonable the doors less so.


I think it may also depend on your location, Prime Asia quoted me THB120k to install three doors and a window in Chiang Mai. That's installation only!
User avatar
andymac
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:55 am
Location: Hong Kong & Chiang Mai

Re: Bi Fold Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 am

andymac wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:Do you want high end quality at a more sensible price?
If so then sales3@prime-asia.co.th can help you

They are the company making our doors and windows

The fitting cost seems, reasonable the doors less so.


I think it may also depend on your location, Prime Asia quoted me THB120k to install three doors and a window in Chiang Mai. That's installation only!

Our initial installation quote (Site Inspection / Laser Measurement , Transportation , Accommodation) was almost the same but for 2 doors and about 18 windows near Udon Thani so distance does seem to be a major factor. But as they will visit once to measure the again to install and at about 10% of the total cost it seems reasonable to me.
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1853
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Next

Return to windows and doors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron