Concrete Strength

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Concrete Strength

Postby CivilEngineer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:55 pm

What kind of concrete strength is normal for thailand residential construction in the concrete elements such as the slab and the columns? Might be called Grade 20, Grade 25 concrete, etc.

here in the USA we use about 3,000 psi (20Mpa) for the slab (floor) and foundation. The concrete is pumped in on a truck (premixed). I beleive you use bagged cement mixed on site, correct?
CivilEngineer

Postby teletiger » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:43 pm

Concrete strength.....hmmmm....I suppose if you order the ready-mix you have more control over the actual mix......the Thai version of self mix is, the wetter it is, the easier it is to lay. I showed my farm staff the slightly stiffly mixed, well tamped, 14 day watered version and they all agreed that the edges didn't give way to a cow's hoof........and the next barn (when I was away)........you could see the surf marks. :roll: You'd better be there. :D
Regards
teletiger

Re: Concrete Strength

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:06 pm

There are three different concrete strengths here which will depend on where or who you buy it from and what the plans state. Mixing on site is a fool's errand.
Roger Ramjet

Re: Concrete Strength

Postby Buriram Builders » Sun May 17, 2015 6:17 pm

In Buriram province several ready mix concrete providers including the major Thai Cement Manufacturers SCG Cement Co. Ltd, aka CPAC Concrete, TPI Polene Public Company, CEMEX Thailand, Siam City Cement Public Company Limited, Asia Cement, Thai Pride Cement Co Ltd. and Best Pac Concrete, aka BPC, offer the standard KSC which are 180 KSC | 210 KSC | 240 KSC | 280 KSC | 320 KSC ready mix Concrete for all aspects of Buriram house building including foundations, upright columns, driveways, roads, retaining walls, swimming pools, house slab pads, car ports and garages. A printed KSC batch report should be included from any concrete ready mixed supplier who provides your delivery of name brand concrete. A slump test at the delivery is certainly possible. GPS on the concrete ready mixed delivery truck is worthwhile consideration as you can verify the FULL load arrives at your Isaan House building site. Mixing concrete on site can be helpful for some aspects of building a house in Thailand, but perhaps not the best choice for columns, foundations and critical aspects.
Attachments
Buriram Thai Pride Concrete Batching Plant.jpg
Buriram CPAC Liebheer Ready Mix Concrete Delivery Global House.jpg
Buriram Builders

Return to cement, concrete and mortar