getting a divorce for adultery in Thailand

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

Super8man

getting a divorce for adultery in Thailand

Post by Super8man »

Well looks my dream has been shattered to live in Thailand. I need some advice about getting a divorce for adultery. I think I would be better doing it in Thailand that's where I got married.

The amazing thing is all the support I'm get from friends and family everyone wants to help. We went for some counselling on Wednesday and what she said had me in tears.

In a earlier post I was asking about buses I was really prepared to come over to visit a temple to pray, because I don't want to loose her. Sadly its now beyond hope.

So if anyone can give me advice for a really good legal company to get a divorce in Thailand. They must speak English though.

I'm so sad now, I still love her but its not returned.
Best Wishes

David & No Tik now so sad
Roger Ramjet

Re: getting a divorce for adultery in Thailand

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Super8man wrote:Well looks my dream has been shattered to live in Thailand. I need some advice about getting a divorce for adultery. I think I would be better doing it in Thailand that's where I got married.
All you need for a divorce in Thailand is for both of you to go to the district office where the marriage is registered with the marriage certificates and have them made nulll and void. (Hand them in).
Sorry to hear about it.
Shastadad

Post by Shastadad »

All you need for a divorce in Thailand is for both of you to go to the district office where the marriage is registered with the marriage certificates and have them made nulll and void. (Hand them in
All well and good if there is no property or children involved, but since this is a expat builders forum one could assume from the OP's previous posts he has both so to protect his interests he will have to obtain the advice and assistance of a Thai lawyer to proceed

I am sure that there are plenty of English speaking lawyers in Korat, which is near where the OP mentioned he is located in his Introduce Yourself post
Tanlic

Post by Tanlic »

Been there and done that.....you will be asked by the officer how much you want to give her....pm. there are 3 answers you can give.

1. Zero
2. Nil

3. What she has in her head = nothing.

You seem like a nice guy just make sure it is done and dusted with no monetary ties.
good luck
Super8man

Post by Super8man »

Sadly there are 2 children involved and her daughter from Thailand, and I love them all to bits. I still love Tik too. We got married somewhere in Bangkok area, but have no idea where. I also kind of own my house, but its not in my name. My plan there was to put it the kids names as a trust or something like that.

One of the big problems is the amount of money I owe. Almost every year back to Thai from 2003. Work done on house in UK. I must blame myself the house is now a bit of a mess, we needed new washer settee chairs carpet. But she was not working and with not much money, well it didn't look like a home.

I suppose looking back when Tik first arrived here all her stuff fitted in a small cabin bag, she now has a full wardrobe of cloths.

I must thank you for your replies, even here in the UK all think Tik is making the biggest mistake of her life. The support I'm get from everyone is really helping me.

We tried counselling what came out from her had me in tears. But I would still take her back.
Best Wishes

Super8man

Post by Super8man »

Just to keep you informed we are still in the same house. I'm fighting for my marriage we have counselling and Tik is going to go with me again. Last night she went out with her girlfriends from work and she called me to say she was staying over at 'A' house who's Thai too. Before this she just stayed and never called me. I really live in hope. Again the support from everyone is really helping me. Divorce is the last resort.

Thinking about everything we would have been better not going to Thai every year, but using the money on our house in the UK. I also spent money making her look smart and I'm proud of how she looks. I pray we can work everything out. I love her to bits. Sorry for pouring my heart out here, but its helping me get though.
Best Wishes

pipoz

Post by pipoz »

Super8man wrote:Just to keep you informed we are still in the same house. I'm fighting for my marriage we have counselling and Tik is going to go with me again. Last night she went out with her girlfriends from work and she called me to say she was staying over at 'A' house who's Thai too. Before this she just stayed and never called me. I really live in hope. Again the support from everyone is really helping me. Divorce is the last resort.

Thinking about everything we would have been better not going to Thai every year, but using the money on our house in the UK. I also spent money making her look smart and I'm proud of how she looks. I pray we can work everything out. I love her to bits. Sorry for pouring my heart out here, but its helping me get though.
I sympathize with your situation and there is no easy way to say it, but sometimes the best solution is to move on and accept the split. Throwing money at them will not change they way she feels inside. Once the Thai girls make up their mind, they inevitably tend go their own way.

pipoz
Super8man

Post by Super8man »

Got to try though at least she is going to talk. I want to get over Christmas and then I'll see what happens. The kids don't want us to split of course. In fact both Cindy (11) and Henry (8) are helping to paint the living room.

But I fear
Once the Thai girls make up their mind, they inevitably tend go their own way.Once the Thai girls make up their mind, they inevitably tend go their own way.
this line. She's done it with her other Thai friends for some reason Thai girls seem to have no middle ground just on or off.
Best Wishes

Super8man

Post by Super8man »

Well done the paperwork for spliting. I feel she wants the seciuity of marridge the life of single. The really upsetting things she's making the kids unhappy too.

Because I have bought new cloths she told her Thai friend I have got someone else. The Thai friend told her its your fault if he has.

I'll keep looking on here to see how everyone is doing. Best Wishes David.
Best Wishes