Building in Krabi (Nong Thale)

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building in Krabi (Nong Thale)

Postby flubby » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Ha! Thanks for all the replies on the colorbond roof. I just showed them to the wife and now she likes the idea. Good, save me from a ton of work.

Cheers everyone!
flubby

Postby kiwimartin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:04 pm

Well done Flubby...we are going off-white with ours to increase the reflectivity of heat (as others, including Fred have - take a look at that build to see what it looks like). That said, I do like your (barn) red.

Gifflaes, the price with PU insulation bonded is around B500-550 m/2 - around B350 without.
kiwimartin

Postby flubby » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:54 am

Shoot that is cheap! I called a PU spray foam company in Bangkok, and the German owner quoted me a price of 600 baht per sq. m just to spray the PU foam 2" thick. Granted his crew would have to come to Krabi. --Ah....Think I'll let the factory handle that one :lol:
flubby

Postby scudman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:28 am

Can you still use the Klip-Lok fastening system with the factory added insulation?
scudman

Postby Andyfteeze » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:40 am

Just beware of the dredded polycarbonate fade.
My experience is that it gets very hot under polycarbonate. Allow plenty of ventilation.
Andyfteeze

Postby kiwimartin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 am

scudman wrote:Can you still use the Klip-Lok fastening system with the factory added insulation?

No - the sheeting needs to be screwed if you are using the bonded foam sheeting.
kiwimartin

Postby fredlk » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:21 am

My garage roof has the 2.5 cm foam attached and I've used the Kliplok system.
fredlk

Postby claynlr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:42 am

Fred- Did your garage Colorbond insulation look like the photo Martin posted? I would guess that that is somewhat cheaper than sprayed on, as it should be, with the spray on not allowing for any cracks and sealing up completely. How thick was spray-on in your home? Good to know you can use the clips with the factory installed insulation though they must have told Martin otherwise.
claynlr

Postby gliffaes » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:10 pm

kiwimartin wrote:Well done Flubby...we are going off-white with ours to increase the reflectivity of heat (as others, including Fred have - take a look at that build to see what it looks like). That said, I do like your (barn) red.

Gifflaes, the price with PU insulation bonded is around B500-550 m/2 - around B350 without.

Thanks looks like its way cheaper than spraying the PU foam then.
gliffaes

Postby fredlk » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:25 pm

claynlr wrote:Did your garage Colorbond insulation look like the photo Martin posted?

It did. You can see the construction and fitting of the roof from http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1698&start=2250#p41354 onwards.
claynlr wrote:How thick was spray-on in your home?

2.5 centimetres.

My 140 square metres of garage and entrance-way roof in 0.50 millimetre Off White Clean Colorbond with glued-on foam insulation cost 100,382 Baht which makes it 717 Baht per square metre.
fredlk

Postby claynlr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:34 pm

flubby wrote:Shoot that is cheap! I called a PU spray foam company in Bangkok, and the German owner quoted me a price of 600 baht per sq. m just to spray the PU foam 2" thick. Granted his crew would have to come to Krabi. --Ah....Think I'll let the factory handle that one :lol:

Yea Flubby, but that's twice as thick as the factory stuff if it's 2" (5cm.)...in the US it's pretty thin...but then they spray celulose over it.
claynlr

Postby schuimpge » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:47 pm

flubby wrote:Shoot that is cheap! I called a PU spray foam company in Bangkok, and the German owner quoted me a price of 600 baht per sq. m just to spray the PU foam 2" thick. Granted his crew would have to come to Krabi. --Ah....Think I'll let the factory handle that one :lol:

That's Lohr trade.. They are good.. Their service is stellar and they honor their 5 year guarantee. Came back to my house after a year even thoug it was a wall problem, not the insulation..no questions asked... Had two houses done with them and recently a sound enclosure for a new machine in my factory.

Decent, very good service and fast
schuimpge

Postby flubby » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:14 am

Guys,

How long dose it take Intertech to "get back to you?" I am having trouble getting through to the English speaking rep. I emailed all the plans for the house already. I tried this and phone calls a couple months ago with no luck. Anyway I can write up the contract for the builder minus the roof frame so he can get started. Thanks for the info.
flubby

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:57 pm

flubby wrote:How long dose it take Intertech to "get back to you?" I am having trouble getting through to the English speaking rep.

The English speaking rep is the Managing Director, or was when I dealt with them. http://www.steelintertech.com/eng/contact.htm Just speak in English and they'll put you through.
Roger Ramjet

Postby flubby » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 pm

I've tried both 2x already. He must be really busy. Hopefully we well hear back in the next couple weeks.
flubby

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story