concrete road prices

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

concrete road prices

Postby gliffaes » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Whats the going rate these days? a m2 10cm thick 4mm mesh will do , only to take my pick up nothing heavy.
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby gliffaes » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:38 am

OK got local "idjut" to give me a price, young kid obviously thought I was rich FALANG
Area to be done is 1588m2, his very un-agreeable price was.............. drum roll..... 1million baht!!! :shock: includes steel and concrete
So then asked a few local builders and the price 60-80 baht a m2 (95280baht@ 60b m2)+ steel and + concrete which should work out much less than HALF the 1 million baht price

1588 m2 should be about 159 cubes of concrete @ 1500 a cube 10cm thick (maybe less for this quantity) = 238500 and then steel 4mm maybe 2.5k baht a roll 50 metre x 2.4 metre =14 rolls = 35000 maybe a bit more but generally road is only 25 m wide through the pineapples.
Total should be around 390k baht leaving a profit of just 610k for the first bloke!! :shock:
Ill need a few wood forms but these can be rotated as each section is done 6 metres with expansion joints.
I dont need any sub-base as I already have4 years worth of compacted roadstone down
Ok so final question WHAT grade concrete should I use for this road??? 180 steng? it wont ever get heavy lorries on it its just to stop erosion and to drive my pickup around etc
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby thailazer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Good thread! Be interesting to see all the other quotes. A friend had a road put in and the concrete was 12 inches thick with lots of steel. 300 baht per square meter.
thailazer
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:55 am

Re: concrete road prices

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:44 pm

If as you said you have a good base,100m.m. is plenty ,but I would try and get a heavier mesh than that chicken wire rolls they all use.The sheets would be better than the rolls as it's practically impossible to get them to straighten it out properly so as to make sure it ends up near the lower middle and not parts of it on the ground. I prefer to buy the thicker steel rods(say 6m.m. ) and get them to make up your own sheet mesh. Labour cost nothing so waste expensive concrete as it's the steel that gives the drive way strength.
Mike Judd
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am
Location: Church Point Sydney N.S.W. Australia. Khon Kaen

Re: concrete road prices

Postby canopy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:03 pm

thailazer wrote:A friend had a road put in and the concrete was 12 inches thick with lots of steel. 300 baht per square meter.


Must be a typo. Just concrete alone would be well above the referenced price at that thickness.
canopy
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby gliffaes » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:46 am

Mike Judd wrote:If as you said you have a good base,100m.m. is plenty ,but I would try and get a heavier mesh than that chicken wire rolls they all use.The sheets would be better than the rolls as it's practically impossible to get them to straighten it out properly so as to make sure it ends up near the lower middle and not parts of it on the ground. I prefer to buy the thicker steel rods(say 6m.m. ) and get them to make up your own sheet mesh. Labour cost nothing so waste expensive concrete as it's the steel that gives the drive way strength.

Hi Mike well Im going to check the prices today of the 6mm, I used this in the main drive which is 150mm ( 6inch thick) and then I doubled up with two layers of it as big lorries will cross it.
The rest of the road is really only for light vehicles and to combat erosion.
All prices now in and we will go with the original builder who built the first maids house @60baht a m2, me to supply conc and steel.............. now I wonder if i should vibrate the road??? hmmmmmmmm problem is his vibrator is electric and the road could be 150 metres away from the nearest socket.........probably 10 volts by the time it gets there!!
OK what GRADE concrete? 180 ksc? remember light use only.
My posts also says 25 m wide road but should read 2.5 metres wide.
Just recovering from 8 days of flu!!!!
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby Klondyke » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:25 am

canopy wrote:
thailazer wrote:A friend had a road put in and the concrete was 12 inches thick with lots of steel. 300 baht per square meter.


Must be a typo. Just concrete alone would be well above the referenced price at that thickness.


Perhaps it was 12 cm (not inches) thick. And not with "lots of steel", just a simple mesh. The cheapest 1m^3 concrete brought in by a CPAC (or similar) company is around 1,500 B.
Klondyke
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:26 pm

I wouldn't worry about vibrating the drive too much if he doesnn't bother, it's not as important with a slab 100m.m. thick, not like a beam or column. If he has a mix that has the right amount of water (Not thin soup though) it will flow out and compact with his normal screeding and levelling . It really is the steel and positioned where the tension is that's the most important. I have mentioned it before but in Oz now ,all thicknesses and sizes of mesh comes in deformed or crinkled steel, so in tension it resists any slipping through the concrete, something that doesn't seem to have reached Thailand yet, at least out of Bangkok.
Mike Judd
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am
Location: Church Point Sydney N.S.W. Australia. Khon Kaen

Re: concrete road prices

Postby gliffaes » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:38 am

thailazer wrote:Good thread! Be interesting to see all the other quotes. A friend had a road put in and the concrete was 12 inches thick with lots of steel. 300 baht per square meter.

Must have been 12cm as said but his price was similar, mine works out at about 240 baht m2 nothing like the 600 baht m2 from the first guy.
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby gliffaes » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:34 am

So starting next Tuesday ( 1 week) we will start laying the 1580m2 of concrete road, we'll be using 100mm wide steel to act as side forms and joints every 6 metres, cpac for concrete just negotiating the price as its about 160cubes................I suppose Id better take some photos for you all :roll:
We are going to have to hire some concrete lifting device for some sections but builder says he will go halves on it at 7k which we agreed.
Be nice to drive round on a real road later.
Im doing the other entrance drive also but this will be 6 inch thick as it will get lorries over it when we construct the main house ( dont ask when)
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:15 pm

gliffaes wrote:So starting next Tuesday ( 1 week) we will start laying the 1580m2 of concrete road, we'll be using 100mm wide steel to act as side forms and joints every 6 metres, cpac for concrete just negotiating the price as its about 160cubes................I suppose Id better take some photos for you all :roll:
We are going to have to hire some concrete lifting device for some sections but builder says he will go halves on it at 7k which we agreed.
Be nice to drive round on a real road later.
Im doing the other entrance drive also but this will be 6 inch thick as it will get lorries over it when we construct the main house ( dont ask when)

It looks as if you will be paying close to 300k in materials
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: concrete road prices

Postby gliffaes » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:49 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
gliffaes wrote:So starting next Tuesday ( 1 week) we will start laying the 1580m2 of concrete road, we'll be using 100mm wide steel to act as side forms and joints every 6 metres, cpac for concrete just negotiating the price as its about 160cubes................I suppose Id better take some photos for you all :roll:
We are going to have to hire some concrete lifting device for some sections but builder says he will go halves on it at 7k which we agreed.
Be nice to drive round on a real road later.
Im doing the other entrance drive also but this will be 6 inch thick as it will get lorries over it when we construct the main house ( dont ask when)

It looks as if you will be paying close to 300k in materials

The whole job will be "around" 398k labour including materials which im ok with as this is the "real" price not the "idjuts" 1 million baht price.
Steel 10cm c sections will be used as the side formwork which should give a nice smooth edge, later I drop some gravel round the concrete edge to the soil.
Anyway it seems then the price for a concrete road of 10cm thick is about 250 baht m2
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby canopy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:39 am

Run an edging trowel along all edges if you don't want those razor sharp edges that chip off and degrade the all important surface.
canopy
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby gliffaes » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:05 am

canopy wrote:Run an edging trowel along all edges if you don't want those razor sharp edges that chip off and degrade the all important surface.


Yep they are putting me a kerb in as far as I know with small gulley and then we will put chippings along all edges.
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: concrete road prices

Postby gliffaes » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:32 am

Weve held off on the road for a few weeks until the rainy season comes to an end, its been pretty dry for October until the last week and first week of this month when weve had some real downpours.....I had visions of the concrete coming and then heavy rain and finding a pile of stones where the concrete was!
Probably make a start now in the next 3 weeks.
Currently cutting 100k pineapples down. 10 tons taken yesterday and still cutting today
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Next

Return to cement, concrete and mortar

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest