Window Placement

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Window Placement

Postby oil » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:06 pm

.... Assuming that Hot Air rises, and thats most of the time pretty humid in the bathroom
would it make more sense to have the Awning Window in the Bathroom starting from 2 meter height to 2.5 meter .... or even higher

most of the windows are never higher then 2 meters, even though the walls are often 2.8 ....its kinda feels that the windows are misplaced in that case ....

so whats the logic explanation for this ...
and would it be wiser to place them a bit more up"?

i know for cleaning its stupid, but then they getting cleaned max 2 times per year anyways
oil

Re: Window Placement

Postby pattayapope » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:41 pm

In the bathroom I would use an extractor fan to suck out any moisture\smells. One thing to remember when you look at the outside of the house the windows should all be the same height otherwise it will look odd. If you have a window you will need a curtain or blind to stop anyone looking in and also a potential entry point for bugarlars, I have small fixed windows in the bathrooms and a blind for privacy.
pattayapope

Re: Window Placement

Postby fredlk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:47 pm

oil wrote:would it make more sense to have the Awning Window in the Bathroom starting from 2 meter height to 2.5 meter .... or even higher

most of the windows are never higher then 2 meters, even though the walls are often 2.8 ....its kinda feels that the windows are misplaced in that case ....

Ventilation is what you need and even more so in a bathroom. 2 windows lower down will work better than one window high up.
All my windows go up to the top of the wall which is 2.4 metres high.
fredlk

Return to windows and doors