uPVC Window Sources in Thailand

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: uPVC Window Sources in Thailand

Postby pattayapope » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:33 am

I checked back and WR vinyl is now called DeKu and can be found on the internet. A friend used EuroPVC with good results although I had a problem getting any correspondance going with them even after talking to the owner :roll:
pattayapope

Postby pipoz » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:35 pm

pattayapope wrote:I checked back and WR vinyl is now called DeKu and can be found on the internet. A friend used EuroPVC with good results although I had a problem getting any correspondance going with them even after talking to the owner :roll:

Thanks, and I did try to contact email DEKU, but they didn't respond. I did get a good response from EUROPVC and they are a fraction more expensive that Windsor. VEKA came back with a new price, so he now back up there in Windsor-EUROPVC.

The three of these Companies now set with Rates ranging between TB 8,500 - TB 9,500 per m2 for the Standard White or Black colour frame with Lam glass 6.38 mm) up to TB 10,435 - 11,514 per m2 if I want a Colour such as a Wood Grain or Non Standard frame colour finish. (Supply ad Install rates)

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Klondyke » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:36 am

Not sure whether it has not been mentioned before: There have been now two huge construction department houses (are names naming here allowed?) launched in provinces where you can buy quite affordable alu windows and door including moskyto net. Anybody has tried?
Klondyke

Postby pipoz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:32 am

Klondyke wrote:Not sure whether it has not been mentioned before: There have been now two huge construction department houses (are names naming here allowed?) launched in provinces where you can buy quite affordable alu windows and door including moskyto net. Anybody has tried?

Can you PM me their names, please

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Makmak456 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:31 pm

As long as you do not have a $$$$ with company, not a propem :)
Makmak456

Postby Klondyke » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:34 am

pipoz wrote:
Klondyke wrote:Not sure whether it has not been mentioned before: There have been now two huge construction department houses (are names naming here allowed?) launched in provinces where you can buy quite affordable alu windows and door including moskyto net. Anybody has tried?

Can you PM me their names, please
pipoz

I think it is not a big disclosure that you can find many good and affordable things for your house in Thai Watsadu and/or Global House.
Klondyke

Postby Andyfteeze » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:33 pm

time to revive this thread and bring it up to date.
I went to Windsor factory here in chiang mai and wasn't impressed.
my wife's house was put together by micky mouse. two windows leaked and some brain surgeon put a messy bead of silicon around the base to make sure it didn't stop leaking, lol. it was easy enough to see what was happening and I fixed it. there was nowhere for the water to drain except back inside.
so in light of this experience, who makes good double glazed windows at an affordable price AND should I install myself? I have never installed one myself but have seen it a thousand times on building sites in Melbourne.
Andyfteeze

Postby oil » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:09 pm

i just downloaded the pricelist from Windsor ... and was comparing it with the offer i have from Deku and they seem to have same price, on some small awning windows Deku is even much cheaper
oil

Postby oil » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:47 am

gonna bump this old thread cause i found a local one here in chiang mai which came with good reference from other foreigners
https://www.facebook.com/thai.conch
http://www.thaiconch.com/
they sell german VEKA profiles or a Chinese brand which is like 30 % cheaper
oil

Postby wwwbkkaptcom » Sat May 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Hello, any update on this ? Somebody bought PVC windows somewhere central Bangkok lately ?

Thanks.
wwwbkkaptcom

Postby wwwbkkaptcom » Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 pm

wazza wrote:Hoffen uvpc doors and windows available at homepro

There is a very negative thread about hofffen on google, enough for me not to buy anything from them...
wwwbkkaptcom

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat May 28, 2016 3:50 pm

wwwbkkaptcom wrote:There is a very negative thread about hofffen on google, enough for me not to buy anything from them...

I think I just found that thread where the man paid about 150,000 and all he got was broken handles and a 90 day warranty.
I bet that Hoffen the parent company do not know that their entire reputation is being destroyed by cheap Chinese (or Thai) made handles and locking mechanisms.
When I went looking for windows it was not for UPVC but aluminum. Double glazed out of the question as I was not building a Condo or high rise, and it would appear that things have not changed in 4 years.
I bet a letter to the parent company would get swift results.
Roger Ramjet

Postby wwwbkkaptcom » Sat May 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Thank you so much, so you still do not recommend this company ?

I wonder if I will choose standard Thai aluminium as I guess that any of them can do a good job ?

Anybody knows a good shop on Sukhumvit or Petchaburi road ?

And do you know if aluminium windows always are cheaper than PVC ? And quality always ok ?

Thank you again for all.
wwwbkkaptcom

Postby AJBangkok » Sun May 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Right now I am talking with a company called Prime Asia. They are Bangkok based and their Upvc Windows cost between 6 and 10k per square meter depending on what glass and style you want. Installation is extra.
AJBangkok

Postby wwwbkkaptcom » Sun May 29, 2016 6:46 pm

Thank you, I will check them, I found this website:

http://www.prime-asia.co.th/
wwwbkkaptcom

PreviousNext

Return to windows and doors