Udon Thani Happy House

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Udon Thani Happy House

Postby pipoz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:51 pm

I like the split look and colour of the one at the top. Think it is around TB 2,300 per m2

pipoz
Attachments
Photo0140 (Large).jpg
Special Offer
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:42 pm

May not be the most appropriate place to post, but in my travels through Thaiwatsadu I found the following Form work items and costs.

No bad and will certainly buy some for my next stage

pipoz
Attachments
Photo0048 (Large).jpg
Metal Forms 1200 x 400 mm TB 459 each
Photo0059 (Large).jpg
Metal Forms 1200 x 300 mm TB 350 each
Photo0060 (Large).jpg
Metal Forms 1200 x 400 mm
Photo0062 (Large).jpg
Acrow Prop (Copies) TB 525
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:59 pm

May not be the most appropriate place to post, but in my travels through Thaiwatsadu I found the following Scaffolding frame, braces, wheels etc and their costs. No a bad price, if I am reading the price tags correct.

All up a simple two fame high mobile type scaffold, appears to be around TB 10,000 plus the cost of some sort of deck + a bit of tube & some clips. Didn't see an Clips floating around but sure that someone will sell copies somewhere

Mike, this must make your eyes water. I know they are copies, but what at 1/50 of the cost of similar ones in Australia, they look OK of light ceiling, painting and or outside cleaning of gutters around the house. Treat them with care and they might last 10 years

pipoz
Attachments
Photo0053 (Large).jpg
Frames TB 1,480 each
Photo0055 (Large).jpg
Frames TB 1,370 each
Photo0061 (Large).jpg
Frame X Braces
Photo0056 (Large).jpg
Scaffold Frame Joiners TB 20 each
Photo0051 (Large).jpg
Header (Adjustable in Height) TB 185 each
Photo0052 (Large).jpg
Wheels TB 379 each
pipoz

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:58 pm

pipoz wrote:May not be the most appropriate place to post, but in my travels through Thaiwatsadu I found the following Form work items and costs.

pipoz

You can probably hire the forms for about ฿3 per piece per day, which makes better sense than buying.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby pipoz » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
pipoz wrote:May not be the most appropriate place to post, but in my travels through Thaiwatsadu I found the following Form work items and costs.

pipoz

You can probably hire the forms for about ฿3 per piece per day, which makes better sense than buying.

Yes, but am going to try and get a nice "Off Form Concrete" quality finish (maybe with a light water cut-sand blast) to some external areas in the next stage, so want some new forms and some good form oil. Even contemplating putting a black pigment into the concrete mix to get a Basalt look

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:34 pm

pipoz wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:

pipoz

Yes, but am going to try and get a nice "Off Form Concrete" quality finish (maybe with a light water cut-sand blast) to some external areas in the next stage, so want some new forms and some good form oil. Even contemplating putting a black pigment into the concrete mix to get a Basalt look

pipoz

I'll be very interested in seeing how that turns out.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby pipoz » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:41 pm

pipoz[/quote]

I'll be very interested in seeing how that turns out.[/quote]

So will I

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:45 am

When I first saw those A frames/H frames what ever years ago I dismissed any ideas of bringing over my light weight Alloy scaffolding, so cheap and they do the job, and thats all that matters. I bought 4 frames with the braces and 4 wheels and Boy ! did they make use of them, mind you they did only have a single piece of wood as a plank ,not bothering with the deck that I made for it. ? T.I.T. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mike Judd

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:58 am

pipoz wrote:May not be the most appropriate place to post, but in my travels through Thaiwatsadu I found the following Scaffolding frame, braces, wheels etc and their costs. No a bad price, if I am reading the price tags correct.

Thanks for that pipoz, I intend buying eight, just for those little annoying things that always go wrong near the roof and a lack of equipment to fix it.
I have heaps of storage space so they'll just be for "emergencies".
Roger Ramjet

Postby pipoz » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:49 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:
pipoz wrote:May not be the most appropriate place to post, but in my travels through Thaiwatsadu I found the following Scaffolding frame, braces, wheels etc and their costs. No a bad price, if I am reading the price tags correct.

Thanks for that pipoz, I intend buying eight, just for those little annoying things that always go wrong near the roof and a lack of equipment to fix it.
I have heaps of storage space so they'll just be for "emergencies".

I think they are excellent value for the handy man issues. I just has to find where they sell some copy scaffold clips that fit the local tube size or I will weld some lugs on at various heights, so that I can bolt a timber work platform
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:13 am

For those who haven't been shopping at Thaiwatsadu and are curious as to what tools can be found in Thailand (in my view everything) some prices of Power tools, Hammers and Tile Cutters

I went an bought the larges Bosch Power Drill, it was TB 10,300 vs the Makita one for TB 7,390, but looked a bit bigger. Same with the Angle grinder bought the largest Bosch version for around TB 5,000.

For some reason I prefer Bosch to Makita, as back in Oz I had a Bosch Hammer drill that lasted me 10 years without a problem. Not sure where the Thaiwatsadu version of Bosch is manufacturers, but it didn't say China. Most likely in Thailand

pipoz
Attachments
Photo0124 (Large).jpg
Makita Drills
Photo0123 (Large).jpg
Makita Wood Tools
Photo0122 (Large).jpg
Makita TB 4,200
Photo0121 (Large).jpg
Kanga Type Hammers Bosch & Makita
Photo0112 (Large).jpg
Small Drill Press TB 6,550 & 9,680
Photo0113 (Large).jpg
Tile Cutter TB 4,850
pipoz

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:30 am

Pipoz,
If you are going to buy the drill press you can also buy larger chucks for them to tale the larger drills. Just be warned that the presses are made in China and won't last if you go for heavy drilling without using oil on the drill bits the whole time. For a few thousand baht more you can get Makita or Maktec that will last a lifetime.
Thai Watsadu have an excellent range of power equipment, it's a pity the kids try and flog the American brands when the Japanese ones are far better.
Roger Ramjet

Postby pipoz » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:57 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:Pipoz,
If you are going to buy the drill press you can also buy larger chucks for them to tale the larger drills. Just be warned that the presses are made in China and won't last if you go for heavy drilling without using oil on the drill bits the whole time. For a few thousand baht more you can get Makita or Maktec that will last a lifetime.
Thai Watsadu have an excellent range of power equipment, it's a pity the kids try and flog the American brands when the Japanese ones are far better.

Thanks Roger, if I do buy a drill press, I will only be using it for drilling aluminium mainly for bike parts. Any heavy or steel drilling I will get done down the local metalwork shop and use his equipment.

For the around the house work power tools, are you talking about Dewalt. I stay away from Dewalt and Black & Decker

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:33 pm

pipoz wrote:For the around the house work power tools, are you talking about Dewalt. I stay away from Dewalt and Black & Decker

Primarily Black and Decker. When I was in the US every workshop I walked into had a corner where discarded B & D tools that had shat themselves a month after the warranty ran out, lay. They did not have a good name..... but ask any American why they continue to buy them and they'll give you a blank stare.
Can't say anything about Dewalt because they sponsor Marcos Ambrose's number 9 Nascar and also feature in a Canadian rebuilding show (can't remember the name of it) where shonky workmanship is fixed, but I still don't think you can go past the Japanese for power tools that last.
Roger Ramjet

Postby sirineou » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Ask this American about B&D tools and you will not get a blank stare . :D people buy them because they are inexpensive. B&d tools are owned by the same company that owns DeWalt among many other brands of tools.
DeWalt tools IMO are very well made, I buy them for the company I work for , and we are very rough with them. They constitute a good balance between quality and price.
Classifying tools by nationality is no longer relevant as the companies can be headquartered in one country, can own other companies from different countries, and share engineering and parts, and are manufactured anywhere in the world the parent company finds profitable. Dewalt tools are owned by Stanley Black and Decker but is marketed by a division of the Spectrum Brands, :o who owns other tool companies from all over the world.
You are beging to get the picture.

By the way, many Thanks to Pipoz for posting all the pictures and prices of the tools available in Thailand :)
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story