Sliding gate opener

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Sliding gate opener

Postby Klondyke » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:51 am

Just for info for the ones who need a gate opener with remote control.
I have got it over 3 years on 2 locations with fairly heavy traffic (and one installed a year ago for friends). It is running without any problems and I hope it stays so for few more years.
This one I bought at Global House where you can get the set for some 10,000 Baht, it is the motor set (picture) including 2 small remote controllers (additional pieces can be bought), set of sensors installed on each side of the door for an infrared beam that stops the moving when the beam is interrupted (e.g. by a risen tail of a cat). And separately purchased 1m pieces of steel rack fixed to the length of the gate door.

The installation, if required, is to be purchased separately. I made by myself with a help of the instructions included, that however was not always very clear. Wondering whether they revised it, I had wrote to the manufacture (in China) with few hints to improve. Surprised when learning on Internet that the same is sold also in UK.
Would recommend, over others that are offered in other shops, about twice so expensive.
Would not believe that the small remote controller 5 cm in your pocket works over some 50m when actuated from the car.

http://www.foresee-cn.com/topic_en.php?alias=gsjj
Attachments
1406280015.JPG
Klondyke

Re: Sliding gate opener

Postby olavhome » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Thanks for showing. Is it a 4 meter gate :?:
olavhome

Postby Klondyke » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:36 pm

It is really very helpfull and I am happy with it. Especially for somebody without a servant in a house.

Otherwise having to drive first some 20m to reach the gate, get out from the car to open the gate (and the padlock). Then to drive few meters out, geting out of the vehicle, shutting the gate and attaching a padlock (what sometimes does not go very smoothly). And in the meantime, your dogs had made use of your being busy, getting out under the car what you did not notice.
And during a heavy rain?
And if somebody resides in a narrow soi and just few cars passing are not very patient to wait on your gate handling ...
Klondyke

Postby Klondyke » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Oh yes, no problem with a 4 m gate. In my other case I have 5m and pretty heavy gate, it runs many times a day.
Of course, the sliding should be revised and be smooth as much as possible.
For the installation a 4 thin wires cable needs to run along the rail underground, connecting the sensors at both side of the gate (could be also run overhead should the digging be difficult). Beside that, a power supply 220V is needed at the motor.
Beside the remote control also a pushbutton can be wired to the house, or to a secret spot.
If there is a power supply failure, there is a kind of wrench included that can disengage the gear with, then the gate can be moved manually.
Klondyke

Return to windows and doors