Door and window frames

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Door and window frames

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Klondyke wrote: the usual Thai way how to install wooden frame windows.
They are widely available with teak or other wood frames, rectangular or rounded at top, mostly W.60xH.110cm, around 400Baht.

And the usual way how they are installed:
-window flaps to open outwards (they are secured against wind by a tight slide clamp, not needed a latch)
-bar grid in front of the windows towards inside (in order that it does not disturb the eyes of their neighbours :( )
-moskyto net inside the room (if outside, the neighbours would not find the windows very nice :shock:)

This is not very practical.

I am not sure where you live, but in my travels and in my area I have not seen this type of window.
Aluminium or Upvc is what I see being used everywhere unless people are very poor then only wooden shutters, no glass, screens or bars.
fredlk

Postby Klondyke » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:29 pm

fredlk wrote:
Klondyke wrote: the usual Thai way how to install wooden frame windows.
They are widely available with teak or other wood frames, rectangular or rounded at top, mostly W.60xH.110cm, around 400Baht.

And the usual way how they are installed:
-window flaps to open outwards (they are secured against wind by a tight slide clamp, not needed a latch)
-bar grid in front of the windows towards inside (in order that it does not disturb the eyes of their neighbours :( )
-moskyto net inside the room (if outside, the neighbours would not find the windows very nice :shock:)

This is not very practical.

I am not sure where you live, but in my travels and in my area I have not seen this type of window.
Aluminium or Upvc is what I see being used everywhere unless people are very poor then only wooden shutters, no glass, screens or bars.

I do not know wherever you travel in Thailand but here in the North among local people, rich or poor it is mostly so. In fact, the area where you do live (as I see at your nick) is not very typical for to think about real Thailand. I do not think that you can find there many Thai people who are staying on a place where also their parents or grandparents once used to live?
Klondyke

Postby fredlk » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:53 am

Klondyke wrote:?

Ditto.
fredlk

Previous

Return to windows and doors