Udon Thani Happy House

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Udon Thani Happy House

Postby pipoz » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:31 am

Chasing quotations on the Roof (as a Package) and on the Windows & Doors. No quotations back on the Roof yet, but heading in the right direction on the Windows and Doors.

W & D: Looks like my window and door assemblies (in aluminium frame with laminated 3 + 3 glass) will cost me in the order of TB 5,500 supplied and installed.

ROOF: I expect the Roof Package, (frame, insulation and CPAC Nuestile tiles) to cost in the order of TB 2,200 per m2 (all up S & F).

The Tiles alone (according to SCG Trading), appear to cost TB 42 each or TB 480 per m2 (Supply only to site). Buy the time I buy all the ridge and eave tiles etc, and include the labour cost to install them, the roof tile part will jump up to around TB 800 per m2 (Supplied & Fixed). The roof insulation and roof frame costs are unknown at this stage.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:16 pm

Structure complete after 30 days. Have a few columns to knock down in front.

Structure cost was TB 600,000 for 96 m2 of internal living area and 55 m2 of external Verandah-Porch area.

Total 151 m2 footprint area, at around TB 3,974 per m2

pipoz
Attachments
Day 30 Front View 01 11 June.jpg
Day 30 Front View
Day 30 Front View East 11 June.jpg
Day 30 Front East
Day 30 Front View West 11 June.jpg
Day 30 Front West
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Having looked at the CPAC products, I decided to check out the price of the following four tiles/colors,
Neustile Trend Black Steel or Grey Slate
Horizon Midnight Grey
Prestige Pewter Grey

Received two quotes back from Home Mart, Udon Thani (in Thai so cant read the detail, but they appear to cover the main tiles,plus ridge ties and a whole number of other accessories?

Prestige Horizon Tile: For supply only of 2454 No main tiles plus accessories ( 216 m2 of actual roof area surface) it is TB 135,218 = TB 626 per m2. The main roof tiles are priced at TB 32 each and looks something like the picture below

Neustile Trend Tile: For supply only of 2315 No main tiles plus accessories ( 216 m2 of actual roof area surface) it is TB 164,322 = TB 760 per m2. The main roof tiles are priced at TB 48 each, which is about 10% more that I expected. Maybe if she gets a Home Mart Discount Card, I can get a cheaper tile price?? Think it looks something like the picture below

If you work out the cost of just your main roof tiles (from the unit tile price) and then add another 33 - 40% to that cost/figure, for what appears to be the cost of all the add on accessories, then you seem to come up with your Total Home Mart - CPAC Quotation price. (Its a shame that I can't read Thai). Hope this helps someone planning their roof budget

I am still desperately looking for a Contact to do the roof framing, so if anybody has a recent contact (phone number or even better email) of a Company/Person who supplies & installs the Easy Frame or Smart Truss or Top Hat framing systems, in the Udon Thani area, I would appreciate it.

pipoz
Attachments
Prestige Pewter Grey.jpg
Prestige Pewter Grey
CPAC Neustile 06.jpg
Neustile Grey Slate
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:32 am

Just an update on the windows and doors, pricing. So far I have received several reasonable quotations, two on the UPVC and one price on the Aluminum.

UPVC Windows & Doors: The two best suppliers, in price and response, so far are VEKA and VIGNET. Still clarifying a few issues with them such a frame profiles & glass thickness/type, ensure quality & apples to apples, but the supply ad fix price, is down to between TB 4,900 to 5,800 per m2, which is much better than the initial quotations that I received from others, that were up around TB 9,700 per m2 and above. Has anybody had a recent experience with either VEKA or VIGNET.

ALUMINIUM Windows & Doors: Have one quotations which comes in around TB 5200 per m2 from a Udon Thani fabricator

Will have a look at their showrooms when I get back and also try out a few smaller local shops.

Mike: I am down to your price per m2, but slowly heading in the right direction

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:07 pm

It should have read

Mike: I am NOT down to your price per m2, but slowly heading in the right direction
pipoz

Postby Mike Judd » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:21 am

Pipoz,! I mentioned in the Windows post that I would imagine what glass you wanted would have a tremendous effect on the price over all, seeing as most of the sqmt area is glass. Only a quote using normal glass would you expect to match my installation price. By the way, the last job was the painting where I bought my guy a load of painters tape(Green or Blue) and he taped up all the windows and doors ,inside and out with newspapers , it didn't take long and a lot better in the long run than scraping and cleaning paint off of your new windows etc; oh ! and don't use the cheap plain paper tape ,if exposed too long to the sun it's a bastard to get off cleanly.
Mike Judd

Postby pipoz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:53 am

Mike Judd wrote:Pipoz,! I mentioned in the Windows post that I would imagine what glass you wanted would have a tremendous effect on the price over all, seeing as most of the sqmt area is glass. Only a quote using normal glass would you expect to match my installation price. By the way, the last job was the painting where I bought my guy a load of painters tape(Green or Blue) and he taped up all the windows and doors ,inside and out with newspapers , it didn't take long and a lot better in the long run than scraping and cleaning paint off of your new windows etc; oh ! and don't use the cheap plain paper tape ,if exposed too long to the sun it's a bastard to get off cleanly.

Thanks Mike, and yes I thought about the painting and cutting in.

I intend to have them (the Thai's) do the masonry sealer coat and paint undercoat the walls before I have any of the windows-doors installed. Plus I am setting back-recessing my frames from the outside wall face (in a reveal style detail), something like the attached Block Work layout drawing

Once the windows doors in, I will cover most of them with plastic and tape them up to protect the whole reveal, telling them not to paint any part of that inside reveal part, as I will do the final paint and cutting in to that area. hope the instructions work.

Windows-Doors: I think VEKA stuffed up his window-door price, so I will need to clarify his price again. I am lucky, as I have VEKA on site over here, so can talk direct with their Rep and make sure he passes my exact requirement onto the Thai Counterpart in BKK-ChaingMai. One reason why I am considering VEKA is because of their colour range of frames, as attached. The other is I know their product quality. I will still be looking at some local Aluminium Manufacturers when I get back, end July

pipoz
Attachments
Veka Colours 1.pdf
VEKA Colour Range
(169.14 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
DRAWING-193.pdf
Block Work Wall Layout 193
(121.99 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Went looking for some screws to fix my Windows & Doors and roof C & Top Hat sections.

Picture 2: This screw is self drilling into masonry blocks and medium strength concrete, and is being used to fix all the UPVC windows & door frames into the concrete lintels and or masonry blocks (goes into hollows and solids). Has a start head driver.

Pictures 3 & 4: This self tapping screw is being used to screw through Zinc Alum C sections & metal studs. I have also used them for wood and they are great. No need to drill any pilot holes.

pipoz
Attachments
0 IMG_1429.JPG
Self Tapping - Drilling Screws
1 IMG_1430.JPG
Masonry Self Drilling - Long
2 IMG_1431.JPG
Metal-Wood Self Tapper Long
3 IMG_1432.JPG
Metal-Wood Self Tapper Short
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Has anyone seen these in Thaiwatsadu, or Home Mart or Do Home or Global House

pipoz
Attachments
0IMG_1437 (Large).jpg
Block Work Fixings
pipoz

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:29 am

Those wall ties look like they are from OZ and something I haven't seen so far in Thailand ,usually the Thai's drill a hole in the columns and drive a piece of reinforcing rod in to tie the block work. Most of our guys who have built double cavity walls don't seem to bother with tying the two walls together, which I think is a bit silly as it makes for a much stronger wall at minimum expense. Those 2 in the photo bottom left are for cavity walls with the twist which allows any water penetrating the outer wall to drop off (Face bricks) The others are crimped to give more gripping power in the joint. Maybe something like them are available in Bangkok.?
Mike Judd

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:54 am

pipoz wrote:Has anyone seen these in Thaiwatsadu, or Home Mart or Do Home or Global House

The only ones I've seen are the ones I posted here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1864&start=870 They are for wall, window, row etc and come in lots of ten from all hardware stores. I bought 200 and then another 100. I braced everything with them. There's photos later on where we used them to brace for the windows and walls but you'll have to search for those photos.
Roger Ramjet

Postby gliffaes » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:12 am

The metal straps are cheap and I used them everywhere, you can buy them singly by me i coated mine in red oxide primer.....just dipped them in
Attachments
IMAG1314.jpg
gliffaes

Postby pipoz » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:53 pm

gliffaes wrote:The metal straps are cheap and I used them everywhere, you can buy them singly by me i coated mine in red oxide primer.....just dipped them in

Thanks

Pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:09 pm

EJOT Anchor, with TORX drive, for fixing UPVC Frames into Block Work. Tech Data

pipoz
Attachments
1 IMG_1430.JPG
EJOT Anchor
EJOT Frame Anchor.pdf
Window & Door Frame Fixing
(170.49 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks Mike, cracked it and found the Damp Proof Course.

A bit more expensive than in Oz, but WTF, don't need much of it and its a Fkn Good investment

150 mm x 8 meter Roll - US 22 or TB 713 per Roll (4.5 Kgs per Rol)
200 mm x 8 meter Roll - US 29 or TB 940 per Roll (5.0 Kgs per Rol)

pipoz
Attachments
0 IMG_1440 (Large).jpg
PLUVEX No 1 - 8 meter length x 150 mm width
1 IMG_1441 (Large).jpg
Pluvex No 1 - 150 mm wide x 8 Meter
pipoz

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story