Building a new house in Nongkhai

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Building a new house in Nongkhai

Postby Khunchai » Sun May 18, 2014 4:40 pm

We are going to start building our new house in Nongkhai, 2 storey, living area 126 sq.m., large terrace on the 2nd floor.

We have been quoted 9,000 Baht / sq.m. (materials + labor).

But we want to separate the cost of materials from the cost of labor because we are going to buy all the construction materials on our own.

Any advice will be appreciated.

By the way, what is the cost of materials estimate and what is the best way to do it? :?:
Khunchai

Re: Building a new house in Nongkhai

Postby Khunchai » Sun May 18, 2014 4:44 pm

Khunchai wrote:We are going to start building our new house in Nongkhai, 2 storey, living area 126 sq.m., large terrace on the 2nd floor.

But we want to separate the cost of materials from the cost of labor because we are going to buy all the construction materials on our own.

By the way, what is the cost of materials estimate and what is the best way to do it? :?:

Check out this website: Estimated House Construction Cost in Thailand

My understanding is that this price is for Bangkok.

For a 2 storey cement house the labor only cost in Bangkok is THB 4,500 – 5,000 Baht per square meter according to the above article.

In Nongkhai and Udon Thani the labour only cost is probably 30%-40% lower, that is about THB 3,000 - 3,500 per square meter.

Please correct me if I am wrong... :oops:
Khunchai

Re: Building a new house in Nongkhai

Postby pipoz » Wed May 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Khunchai wrote:We are going to start building our new house in Nongkhai, 2 storey, living area 126 sq.m., large terrace on the 2nd floor.

TB 9,000 per m2 for all Labour and Materials for Two Story House, in my view is cheap these days. A lot will depend on your Roof (tiles or metal) and Finishes that you or he selects and off course your type/quality of Kitchen and Bathrooms.

To give you an indication of my cost plan/estimate, for my house (which has no kitchen in it), some of my cost percentages for certain items/parts of the house are as follows,

Roof: Includes Frame, insulation & CPAC Roof tiles 24.0% of Construction Cost (Labour & Materials)
Windows & Doors: Extruded Aluminum with epoxy coat and a laminate glass 11.8% of Construction Cost (Labour & Materials)
Floor Finishes: High quality ceramic or porcelain tile 800 x 800 mm size 6.6% of Construction Cost (Labour & Materials)
Ceilings: Frame & plasterboard, includes recesses & vaults, (unpainted) 5.8% of Construction Cost (Labour & Materials)

In my case these four areas constitute some 485 of my cost for materials and associated labour to fix/install. You can spend a lot in these four areas of construction or save a lot, depending on your tastes.

If you add a kitchen and or bathrooms into the mix, then the percentage of cost will naturally change. I tend to treat these two room areas as an add on so as not to distort the true cost per m2 for the house construction, because you can go really expensive with these two rooms or really basic, so I have left them out of my equation/calculations at this time.

Structure: From excavation to the top of RC structure (roof beam) including all reinforcement, form work, plastic membrane concrete, sand back fill under slab etc. (materials and labour, equipment, tools to build), equates to approximately 28.5% of my construction costs, and I am probably a touch over designed in the structure.

pipoz
pipoz

Return to material prices & building costs