Cost to build house walls

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Cost to build house walls

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:46 am

Regarding tiles ,I think you will find that it depends on the tile as to how low a pitch they recommend and also concrete tiles absolve more water than fully glazed terracotta ,hence more weight at times. But Smartruss design the roof for whatever covering you intend using.
Mike Judd

Postby Marlon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:52 am

Probably a bit late for you now, but I paid 50 baht / sqm for labour for blocks, and 80 baht / sqm for render. Render price was for one side. This was for the cinder blocks at 6 baht each. So I figure your labour cost should be around 43000 baht.
Attachments
IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1644.JPG
Marlon

Postby pipoz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:23 am

Marlon wrote:Probably a bit late for you now, but I paid 50 baht / sqm for labour for blocks, and 80 baht / sqm for render. Render price was for one side. This was for the cinder blocks at 6 baht each. So I figure your labour cost should be around 43000 baht.

Approximately how many m2 was your exterior walls?

What size of concrete block did you use? At TB 6 per block sounds like a 200 x 400 x 65mm block

Also your TB 80 per m2 for render, was it labour only or labour & materials?

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Marlon » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:10 am

The labour for the bricks was husband and wife team, my wifes niece. They included the concrete beams in their price, under and over windows etc. After they finished, they worked for the renderer, a local contractor, and topped up their earnings. I bought a new cutting disc for the grinder, but the didn't use it, preferring to break bricks to suit.
The house is 16m by 10m. 3m high, so outside wall area is only 156 sqm. Not counting windows or doors. The corners are razor sharp and straight, because they string lined each one, and then used the finished corner as a guide for the rest.

IMG_1645.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG
Marlon

Postby Marlon » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:24 am

pipoz wrote:
Marlon wrote:Probably a bit late for you now, but I paid 50 baht / sqm for labour for blocks, and 80 baht / sqm for render. Render price was for one side. This was for the cinder blocks at 6 baht each. So I figure your labour cost should be around 43000 baht.

Approximately how many m2 was your exterior walls?

What size of concrete block did you use? At TB 6 per block sounds like a 200 x 400 x 65mm block

Also your TB 80 per m2 for render, was it labour only or labour & materials?

pipoz

Sorry pipoz, I didn't answer your question. Yes, labour only. The cement, (boon charp), was 110 baht a bag. I bought 50 bags, and then another 50, but I think 20 or so wandered away. Plus sand. This includes for the brick work. Brickies worked three weeks /three people, and renderers, about one and a half weeks, 6 to eight people. When starting the render, they have to hook in and finish each section.
Marlon

Previous

Return to material prices & building costs