looking for knowledge

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

looking for knowledge

Postby RusThai » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:51 am

I have to build 3 parallel, uniform walls. Ths will be to hold LPG tanks. one space for full tanks, and the other for the empties.
This will be added on top of a cement slab. The depth will only be around 165cm and the height will be about 265cm. will add square tubing for a pitch on the roof. - when i place rebar in the floor, how high does t need to go(for each wall)? and do I fill each block with cement as I go up each row?
RusThai

Re: looking for knowledge

Postby thailazer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:17 pm

In looking at your questions, you probably should get a local to do the project for you. There are many ways to build an enclosure like that, one of the most common being the use of a pier and posts on each end of the wall. More simple techniques involve just stacking bricks with no posts. There are also interlocking bricks that you can use where you use no mortar on the flats but fill in holes in the blocks and jam in some steel. If there are fifty ways to leave a lover, there must be 500 ways to build a wall.
thailazer

Re: looking for knowledge

Postby Jmildedo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:19 pm

<Nonsensical post removed - mod>
Jmildedo

Return to cement, concrete and mortar