if you only tool is a hammer everything looks like a nail

General feedback on the blog, forum or main site. Gripes or kudos, put them here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

if you only tool is a hammer everything looks like a nail

Post by dozer »

posted for Brian V
Followup comment: I love your website! Nice job, dozer.
I tried to register, but that module doesn't seem to be working. Can you send register me? Username ----------------------
Couple of comments: to "Primrose", I quip 'if the only tool you have is a hammer, then pretty-much everything looks like a nail.' And to "Boon Mee", since marrying a Thai, I've observed that most Thai people are ALL ABOUT MONEY !!!!! Money is everything in Thailand, which surely grates against most falang. What to do?... if you brag that you have a lot, then they think badly because you aren't throwing it around. And if you speak conservatively, they think badly because you're poor. Feels like there's no way to win. Is there a way to find balance? Okay, thanks for your wonderful website!! - Brian
dozer
Site Admin

forum problems

Post by dozer »

There were some forum problems about the time you wrote these emails, they are resolved now. Please go to the forum and sign up and then you can leave posts.
I've observed that most Thai people are ALL ABOUT MONEY !
I might not put it quite so harsely. I find that it is in part kind of the buddist thing. I mean to say your lot in life now is related to things you did before, like in a past life, and so now if you sitting there rich it is your karma, your right they are not jelous. So if they have it they flaunt it seems like.