lambs to slaughter

General feedback on the blog, forum or main site. Gripes or kudos, put them here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

lambs to slaughter

Post by dozer »

posted for Brian V
I love your website, and your noble intentions. I just read some of your experiences and thought to myself, "oh, my god, my god, my god.... it's just like lambs to slaughter". I've been in this business for 35 years and have to admire your ambition, optimism, determination, and enduring goodwill and positive attitude. There are a million things that can go wrong on a construction site. Being on the job all day, every day, still is not enough if you haven't the experience. Even after all my years, important little details still get by ME! Having patience and money to do things over again is a big help, no matter which country - but especially so in Thailand. -- AFN, Brian PS - I have been living these past 15 years in the Vail Valley of Colorado, USA - a ski resort area in the Rocky Mountains at 8500' elevation..
dozer
Site Admin

not so bad building here

Post by dozer »

"oh, my god, my god, my god.... it's just like lambs to slaughter"
In many respects I would agree with this. As for myself, I feel I have escaped pretty much unscathed, but I often see projects going on and have exactly the same thought process. I mean in general people are for some reason very naive when they come to Thailand (cool thai house readers excepted of course ) and seemly operate in a brainless fog half the time.

That being said, yes I have felt 'slaughtered' sometimes. In the end though, I love the house that I built (ok, not with my two hands but sometimes it feels like it), and I know it like the back of my hand.