uPVC Window Sources in Thailand

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

uPVC Window Sources in Thailand

Postby jeffandgop » Sat May 18, 2013 8:19 am

I've been going through the threads here and have not come across any recent comments/critiques on uPVC sources in Thailand. I will be building a 1-story home in Chiang Mai starting in a couple of months. Thru Internet research I have come up with the following list of Thailand sources....I would appreciate any comments/experiences you may have had with:

1. TRADE UPVC WINDOWS & DOORS
2. A.R.C.
3. EUROPVC WINDOWS & DOORS
4. VIGNET
5. KING/REGENT INTER CORP
6. WINDSOR (I have visited their BKK showroom).

And if you have any other recommendations on uPVC windows I'll gladly accept them.....Thank you.
jeffandgop

Re: uPVC Window Sources in Thailand

Postby wazza » Sat May 18, 2013 11:41 am

Hoffen uvpc doors and windows available at homepro
wazza

Postby MGV12 » Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 pm

jeffandgop - Have you read this thread ? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=550&hilit=upvc+windows ... especially perhaps the newer posts.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby jeffandgop » Sat May 18, 2013 1:28 pm

MGV12 wrote:jeffandgop - Have you read this thread ? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=550&hilit=upvc+windows ... especially perhaps the newer posts.

Yes I went through that post before I posted mine. It is rather aged and so I am looking for current info.
jeffandgop

Postby pattayapope » Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

To save on instalation cost you need to find a local source, Windsor seem to be the most wide spread from what I have seen, I used them for my bungalows and after three years they seem OK. They give price for windows and doors and then one lump some for instalation, on the main house I used WR vinyl and they were OK but I think they only do work in the Chonburi area. ARC and Europvc are also only local companies from what I know. The prices vary depending on if the PVC profile is made in Germany or China,as long as they are not exposed to direct sunlight the cheaper is probably OK unless you have a big budget :D [*]
pattayapope

Postby jeffandgop » Mon May 20, 2013 6:34 am

Thanks for the input pattayapope....
jeffandgop

Postby kaptain » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:08 pm

<Many thanks for your interest but this is a strictly non-commercial site and advertising is not allowed ... see forum rules faq.php#f11r0 - mod>
kaptain

Postby schuimpge » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:19 am

Hoffen (HomePro) has a series of white uPVC windows and doors.
Just bought 2 large sliding doors with mosquito-net door for 6700 each. (2.10 x 2.20 I think they where).
They have a leaflet with a series of standard sizes that are all very low in price. Might be a clearance of their stock, but if you plan around those standard sizes, you'll be off on the cheap.

Had a quotation from DEKU as well for those doors, but they where really expensive.
For 2 windows and the sliding door, the quotation came to 90k ThB or so.
I skipped, simply because the price of the house didn't warrant it.

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Postby pipoz » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi

Check out the video at the bottom of this link for the VEKA Fold and Slid Door System

http://www.vekainc.com/commercial/eurov ... -doors.asp

pipoz
pipoz

Postby geordie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:26 pm

schuimpge wrote:Hoffen (HomePro) has a series of white uPVC windows and doors.
Just bought 2 large sliding doors with mosquito-net door for 6700 each. (2.10 x 2.20 I think they where).
They have a leaflet with a series of standard sizes that are all very low in price. Might be a clearance of their stock, but if you plan around those standard sizes, you'll be off on the cheap.

Had a quotation from DEKU as well for those doors, but they where really expensive.
For 2 windows and the sliding door, the quotation came to 90k ThB or so.
I skipped, simply because the price of the house didn't warrant it.

Cheers,
Luc

I have just fitted 22 hoffen windows supplied direct from Hoffen who have a showroom in siri thai road bkk the factory is in lam luka i declined their offer of fitting choosing to cllect and fit myself it took 1'5 days simplicitu itselfthey look of reasonable quality and profiles are teputedly from germany and are rigid compared to some we looked at also the profiles contain metal for rigidity sorly lacking in the cheaper stuff The windsor showroom is the oposite side of siri thai road but i preffered the fact that hoffen had more than enough stock available
The biggest no-no is deviating from standard sizes they quote on a per sq meter basis and round everything up when yo look at standard per meter as oposed to non standard you will do the same as me change the opening sizes :lol:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby wazza » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 am

I have fitted the Hoffen doors and windows into the small beach resort I am just completing building and they are good. Only problem is the locks on the sliding doors. We had one break after two days and Hoffman refused to replace and charged us 1000 bt for a replacement lock fitted by myself.
I have since sourced other suitable locks as spares from Thai watsadu at 133 baht each, although look to be very cheaply made as well.
But as for price and ease of use I would recommend them, cheaper than any aluminum profiles.
wazza

Postby geordie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:57 am

wazza wrote:I have fitted the Hoffen doors and windows into the small beach resort I am just completing building and they are good. Only problem is the locks on the sliding doors. We had one break after two days and Hoffman refused to replace and charged us 1000 bt for a replacement lock fitted by myself.
I have since sourced other suitable locks as spares from Thai watsadu at 133 baht each, although look to be very cheaply made as well.
But as for price and ease of use I would recommend them, cheaper than any aluminum profiles.

They offered me a choice on door locks an handles but were way over the top on prices especially if you choose the muti point locking so far we have held off ordering the doors x6 patio doors due to the ridiculous quotation unfortunately the openings are maximum size for hoffen too big for windsor and bi folds were on a different planet but i am betting you could build a decent sized house for the price of the bi folds or even a nice house fot MIL on the price from hoffen although hoffen did offer fre fitting because of the cost,s but insisted that all the reveals be rendered an floors installed before they would install they the finish around the door/window with mastic which is another reason i self fitted so the render is the seal and extra security for the frames
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby pipoz » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:17 pm

I have recently been chasing prices for windows and door and struggled to find Suppliers for Aluminum window & doors, but managed to get a reasonable response from a number of the UPVC Manufacturers/Companies.

UPVC Windows & Doors: For those of you interested in UPVC windows and or doors, the Average Rate per m2 for a UPVC windows and or door unit with 6 mm laminated glass (3+3) seems to range from TB 9,030 up to TB 12,587 per m2.

I obtained four quotation, so far, to supply and install to Udon Thani and the respective rates per m2 for the four were, TB 9,030, 9488, 11,514 and 12,587 per m2

TB 9,030 per m2, was for a White UPVC frame colour, with 6 mm laminated clear glass, supplied and installed to Udon Thani (Manufacturer was in BKK)

TB 9,488 per m2 was for either a White or Black PVC frame colour, with 6 mm laminated clear glass, supplied and installed to Udon Thani (Manufacturer was local in Udon Thani)

TB 11,514 per m2 was for a Golden Oak, Nutree or Black frame colour, with 6 mm laminated in ether clear or grey tint colour, supplied and installed to Udon Thani (Manufacturer was from Pattaya). His rate per m2 drops to about TB 9,770 if he is installing locally in the Pattaya area

TB 12,587 per m2 was for a Timber look and or Black frame colour, with 6 mm laminated in ether clear or grey tint colour, supplied and installed to Udon Thani (Manufacturer was from BKK). He was clearly the most expensive, so I did not pursue him too much, after than

1.The windows types were Casement type and the doors were a combination of Swing and Sliding, but the individual rate per m2 that I calculated from their quotation was much the same for each, so you can use the m2 rate for Budget purposes

2.All appear to use UPVC Frames from Europe and not from China, although I will need to double check his

3.Once you go away from a White or Black UPVC frame colour the price jumps for the Timber look colours etc

I am still finalizing details with two of them

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:01 pm

I really can't understand any of this, as I got my windows 12 and 3 sets of sliding doors ,all screens supplied and fixed in white powder coated aluminium, good locks and sections ,45sqmts total for Baht125,000 which I believe works out at about Baht 2,800 per sqmt, unless I've got my maths wrong somewhere. He was the main window contractor at a large housing estate at Khon Kaen and I did let my T.G. do all the talking. I did originally look at Windsor but seemed expensive, plus one of my long time Curtain wall installers in Sydney said stick with alloy as the plastic vinyl coated steel has a tendency to rust through condensation in his long time experience over the years. Maybe they have fixed that problem ,but I do know that since they first came out most high rise buildings had swung back to aluminium once powder coating replaced anodising.
Mike Judd

Postby pipoz » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Mike Judd wrote:I really can't understand any of this, as I got my windows 12 and 3 sets of sliding doors ,all screens supplied and fixed in white powder coated aluminium, good locks and sections ,45sqmts total for Baht1 25,000 which I believe works out at about Baht 2,800 per sqmt, unless I've got my maths wrong somewhere.

He was the main window contractor at a large housing estate at Khon Kaen and I did let my T.G. do all the talking. I did originally look at Windsor but seemed expensive, plus one of my long time Curtain wall installers in Sydney said stick with alloy as the plastic vinyl coated steel has a tendency to rust through condensation in his long time experience over the years. Maybe they have fixed that problem ,but I do know that since they first came out most high rise buildings had swung back to aluminium once powder coating replaced anodising.

Yes, I checked your rate from the posts before and yes your Aluminum version was in the order of TB 2,800 per m2, which is very desirable if i can find someone who makes them (Aluminium Windows & Doors)

I have been desperately trying to find a contact for the Manufacturer or Installer of Aluminium Windows & Doors, in Bangkok and or the Udon Thani or surrounding area. Sent out a few emails, but got no response. Not many of them (the Aluminium Window & Door Manufacturers) seem to have any web contact pages. It must be more of a Cottage Industry. Mike if you can suggest anyone or point me to a contact, I would be grateful. Have sent emails to Durascreen (BKK) and Crystalview (Nonthaburi) and Windows View Co, but none responded

I too find the UPVC prices very expensive for what they are but at least they had web pages so I thought I would checkout their prices. From those I have contacted the rates per m2 appear to be in that range of TB 9,000 to 12,500 per m2.

Maybe the price of the 6 mm Laminate Glass has sky rocketed recently?

If I can find someone like you did, I will go Aluminium Powdercoat, as it gives me more colour options for the frames

pipoz
pipoz

Next

Return to windows and doors