Air Conditioner Wall or Celing Mount

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Air Conditioner Wall or Celing Mount

Postby groucho » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Hello,

I am a few months aways from actually installing my air-conditioners, there will be 5-7 units. I am inclined to have them fitted on the floor/wall rather than above under my beams. Nothing scientific in my choice, other than for ten years I have had floor/wall mounted air-conditioners and I am happy with the cooling. I usually use them in conjunction with elevated wall mounted fans.

I may be out of date on my thinking as I know that cold air falls, and the high wall mounted units are unobtrusive .. any thoughts on which way is best? Or is it just a matter of taste?

Thanks

-groucho
groucho

Re: Air Conditioner Wall or Celing Mount

Postby John » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:11 am

Ceiling mount units are very neat and unobtrusive. Just be sure the installers provide
good support for pipes and a decent gradient for the drain line.

Wall mounted units are of course a lot more straightforward which is probably the best
choice in TH.
John

Re: Air Conditioner Wall or Celing Mount

Postby groucho » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:54 pm

John wrote:Ceiling mount units are very neat and unobtrusive. Just be sure the installers provide
good support for pipes and a decent gradient for the drain line.

Wall mounted units are of course a lot more straightforward which is probably the best
choice in TH.

Right .. today I gave instructions for wall mounted on three floors, the rooms are big and actually have an alcove under the front windows that are a perfect tuck in for the units. Although the ground floor, and mezzanine will have ceiling mounted units because it better suits the space.

-groucho
groucho

Return to cooling systems