Anodized Aluminum Window Frames

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Anodized Aluminum Window Frames

Postby groucho » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:41 pm

After much reading I have decided on anodized aluminum windows for my house. Additionally I will need some sliding doors as well .. a total of 15 windows and doors.

I seem to have come up cold, even trying to get information from builds in my area, I seem to be either early or too late on the scene, nobody knows anything. I have taken on this task myself independent from my contractor, who I have a good relationship with. This came about after I checked on steel prices for stairs that were included in my bid. I found that all the prices were marked up (sure OK), BUT in some cases as high as 560%. Now I have a separate stair building team that I am very happy with.

Tomorrow my wife will contact Crystal View Windows and Doors. I imagine by their website that they are very expensive, and have an excellent product line.

I would appreciate any personal experiences, or information on anodized aluminum window companies that service Bangkok.

Thanks much,

groucho
groucho

Re: Anodized Aluminum Window Frames

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:38 am

I think you will find that Anodised windows are the cheapest form of Aluminium windows as the sections are plentiful, usually in bronze colour. Powder coated are favoured more now because of the range of colours. But be careful as there are various thickness sections, so that effects the price of course. You shouldn't have any problems in Bangkok as I had plenty of choices up in Khon Kaen, with the local installers plus expensive German designs. Give some thought to the style that you want though, you have "Hopper" that open up and out and can be left open in the rain, Casement that open out like a door and catch the prevailing breeze, Double Hung where you can open the top one down or the bottom one up, or last the usually cheapest one being Sliding .Then of course you might want Fly screens which have to be taken into consideration.Hope that helps.?
Mike Judd

Postby groucho » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks for the comments Mike .. today my wife talked with someone from Crystal View Windows and Doors, we were quoted between 5000 - 6000 baht a sq. meter for their mid-line of windows, "Crystal Midas". They also offer "Crystal Standard", which I assume is cheaper, and a higher end product "Crystal Prima". I will check all the specs when they come measure, and to show me the product .. extrusions, handles, locks, glass, flashing.

I am going to get at least two more estimates from local shops in my area, and then compare. I am not going to compromise for the price, as I want the best product.

-groucho
groucho

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:18 pm

I don't know if costs have gone up that much in one year, but I got 12 windows and 3 sliding doors supplied and installed in White Powder Coated alloy with screens for B125,000 total area 45sq mts ,that's B2,800 per sqmt in my reckoning. The German ones were quoting B4,500 sqmt but coming down each time they rang me to ask if I wanted to go ahead. I went with the local supplier because his top grade were thick enough and he was installing all the windows in the big new housing estate near Khon Kaen. I used him to supply all the ceilings plus outside eaves lining. Maybe Bangkok are used to higher prices than the North East ,but you are well advised to get as many quotes as possible once you have established what you actually want.
Mike Judd

Postby Thaifelix » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:11 pm

That sounds like a very reasonable price Mike, any chance of a contact for this guy please? You did say Khon Kaen area?
Thaifelix

Return to windows and doors