Crushed Rock Prices

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Crushed Rock Prices

Postby thailazer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 pm

This stuff is rising in cost. (Mixed size road surface gravel that packs down well) Our first loads a year ago were 1500 baht per 5 cubic meter load. Six months ago the price was up to 1700 baht. Just had four loads delivered today and the lowest price we could get was 2000 baht. That difference is a lot of Leo beer!
thailazer

Re: Crushed Rock Prices

Postby jazzman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 am

Aggregate, and I assume you're talking about the same gravel that's used to mix concrete, varies widely in price across the country. Over the years I've had gravel at prices from Baht 350 to Baht 750 per cu.

Same as CPAC ready mixed concrete - depending where you are it can range from Baht 1,400 to Baht 1,900 per cu give or take the little differences in price for different steng. To my astonishment, I ended up paying Baht 2,900 (not a typo) per cu for steng 210 in Khemmarat this week from a bona fide CPAC depot - nearest one to the worksite 52 Km.

I assume transport costs to be the main issue.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby thailazer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 am

jazzman wrote:Aggregate, and I assume you're talking about the same gravel that's used to mix concrete, varies widely in price across the country. Over the years I've had gravel at prices from Baht 350 to Baht 750 per cu.

Same as CPAC ready mixed concrete - depending where you are it can range from Baht 1,400 to Baht 1,900 per cu give or take the little differences in price for different steng. To my astonishment, I ended up paying Baht 2,900 (not a typo) per cu for steng 210 in Khemmarat this week from a bona fide CPAC depot - nearest one to the worksite 52 Km.

I assume transport costs to be the main issue.

That is astonishing! We are glad we built when we did, as the cost increases in single year are high.

Haven't priced clean aggregate for concrete up here, but I bet it has increased significantly as well. The stuff we got was mixed size crushed rock for road surfacing. It packs down like pavement given traffic, unlike the clean concrete aggregate that never packs down.
thailazer

Postby gliffaes » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Im paying about 2000baht for a big 10 wheel lorry currently and this is a good price for round here (Pranburi)
I had 10 loads last week and this week am having another 12, previous guy was wayyyyyyyyyyy more expensive.
Another local offered us the same stuff at almost 3000 baht a load but then they had seen me and we reckoned it was the "Frang" factor........... he was s till cheaper than another bloke though!!!
This is the stuff as s aid which packs down hard from dust to 2-3 inch size chunks in it.
Just covering all tracks on our land with it, so far 20 loads maybe another 3-4 to come.......... w e gotta lotta road!!
gliffaes

Postby thailazer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:33 pm

gliffaes wrote:Im paying about 2000baht for a big 10 wheel lorry currently and this is a good price for round here (Pranburi)
I had 10 loads last week and this week am having another 12, previous guy was wayyyyyyyyyyy more expensive.
Another local offered us the same stuff at almost 3000 baht a load but then they had seen me and we reckoned it was the "Frang" factor........... he was s till cheaper than another bloke though!!!
This is the stuff as s aid which packs down hard from dust to 2-3 inch size chunks in it.
Just covering all tracks on our land with it, so far 20 loads maybe another 3-4 to come.......... w e gotta lotta road!!

That's a great price Glif. Our driver said there is high demand for the stuff up here north of CM so that has driven the price up. You are lucky there.
thailazer

Return to material prices & building costs