Building in Don Tau It, Kanchanaburi

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building in Don Tau It, Kanchanaburi

Postby geordie » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:40 pm

B a man tell her :lol: :lol: :lol:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks for the update Apetley you always make an interesting tale. :D
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby otis-a » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:00 pm

mr. apely
do u say u got all that plus kitchen fixin's plumbing etc for only 55k tb? That is a real steal of a deal then. Well done looks nice. Especially the roof and gutter drains. |:o-k
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby apetley » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:37 pm

elgato wrote:
apetley wrote:This last week has seen yours truly finish painting the outside of Nicky's Thai kitchen which is a relief! Not a bad job if I say so myself and as it was Dulux it didn't slide off or turn black with the first rainfall.
Gutterman two installed our guttering for us and did a nice quick and neat job. Gutterman one blotted his copybook a few months ago when it was obvious he was less than happy to come out and fix one of the seams that had let go on the guttering he installed on our main house.
Tileman is back to build and tile the counters.
When he's finished hopefully in a few days the call will go out to waterman two to put in the plumbing and then Nicky can get on with cooking my dinner in her own special kitchen! :D

My "better half" was perusing your thread and asked me why Nicky's kitchen is so far away from the main house.

Hi thanks for the interest and comment on our build. In reply all I can say is that the kitchen is exactly where Nicky wanted it. It's hers, she's paid for it so who am I to disagree with a Thai girl on a food related mission? Anything for an easy life me. Anyway she's happy with the short walk so far although maybe she'd does think of climbing on her Mio occassionally :-)l
apetley

Postby apetley » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:42 pm

otis-a wrote:mr. apely
do u say u got all that plus kitchen fixin's plumbing etc for only 55k tb? That is a real steal of a deal then. Well done looks nice. Especially the roof and gutter drains. |:o-k

55k would have been a brilliant deal. The actual total cost for absolutely everything was as near 80k bht as makes no difference. Still a bargain imho and one of the benefits of village labour.
apetley

Postby elgato » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:57 am

It's been a while....anything new at Baan Petley?
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby kalasin.dk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:29 pm

These last posts of about the sala and the kitchen has been very inspirational to me. My wife also wants a separate kitchen, and the result I think will be something in between your sala and kitchen since she don't want walls - just floor and roof. And maybe a counter of bricks to gas-cooking.

Thanks for posting.
kalasin.dk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 pm

apetley,
It has been far too long without at least an update, or is the fact that you have inspired so many to great heights that you are resting your case?
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:apetley,
It has been far too long without at least an update, or is the fact that you have inspired so many to great heights that you are resting your case?

Regrettably I think you are unlikely to get a response as his most recent post was on his most recent visit:

Member - apetley
Last visited:
Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:44 pm

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby apetley » Tue May 21, 2013 9:23 pm

I do look in occassionally!
Mainly to check up on pipe or wire routings when I am working around the house.
The orchid garden was destroyed in a huge storm last year and replaced with a more substantial one.
Currently doing some work in the back garden. More water tanks and sprinklers going in too. DIY as I watched the guy who did our front garden and picked up a few tips on what to do.
apetley

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed May 22, 2013 5:54 am

apetley,
apetley wrote:The orchid garden was destroyed in a huge storm last year and replaced with a more substantial one.
Currently doing some work in the back garden. More water tanks and sprinklers going in too. DIY as I watched the guy who did our front garden and picked up a few tips on what to do.

Before anyone else gets in ahead of me: Where are the photos? We do love photos. :D
Roger Ramjet

Postby apetley » Wed May 22, 2013 7:47 am

Ok just for you RR.
Learnt my lesson building the new water tanks and built all four at once. A good pump will empty these in 15-20 minutes. Built entirely by myself and even lifted them into place on my own using a metod the Egyptians would have been proud of:-)
Orchid garden doubling as a carport. Nicky is learning to drive and has bought herself an old banger in case she hits anything!
Attachments
2013-05-22 07.37.19.jpg
2013-05-22 07.36.54.jpg
apetley

Postby terp80 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:54 am

Hi apetley: I am fairly new to CTH and have finished reading your excellent thread. Your place looks terrific and probably similar to the house I will build (although minus all the land. I took notes on your build, as I have on others, and now know a lot more now than I did before I started. "A little knowledge . . . " :lol: I like the color scheme of your house, and I thought I read somewhere that your roof was green, but on my computer it appears to be a sort of dark gray. So, please tell me, what color is it? :?: Also, I like the landscaping that you did: mature trees, but not too much foliage now, as it will surely fill in more in the next few years. Anyway, congratulations on a superb job; well done! :)
terp80

Postby apetley » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi terp thanks for the kind words.
The roof is actually brown which is a good match fir our colour scheme.
As for the trees they soon did what trees are good at and grew plenty of leaves before dropping them all over the lawn. Oh well gives me plenty of exercise sweeping them up every now and then over about three months of the year:-)
apetley

Postby james5121 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:44 am

HI Apetley
First did you ever get the gold metal talked about? You deserve it YOUR HOUSE IS AWESOME only matched by your patience and levelheadedness . THIS has been a great post only a few annoying post from some but you never got caught up in there stuff and just kept on making a great post.I am grateful for you sharing all you have.
I will be in Khon kaen within the next 6 months and possibly be building something within the year.
Is your uncle still building does he travel around?

anyway GREAT JOB be proud of the post and the great house you built.

PS what did your sort out about the internet?
james5121

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story