uPVC Windows

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

uPVC Windows

Postby schuimpge » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Hello All,

I'm dubbing about getting uPVC windows.
Got two quotations, both properly english and very clear in their write-up. So far so good.
Price difference between the 2 is about 20k THB.
3 sets: 1 window 1mx1m, 1 window 2mx1m, 1 large sliding door, 2.2m x 2m
Both double glazed and with fly screens.

79k THB and 99k THB.

Cheaper one is DEKU (wrvinyl), the other is ARC.
Anybody have experience with these 2 providers?
ARC has all Genuine German brand hardware.
DEKU no mention.
ARC 10yrs warranty
DEKU no mention again.

Any input on service and quality would be very welcome.

thanks and regards,
Luc
schuimpge

Re: uPVC Windows

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:43 pm

schulmpge,
Luc,
Our errant wanderer Geordie posted about uPVC windows previously. The mechanisms rust inside and then have to be replaced.
That is a hell of a quote for windows. I used my local aluminum man who installed white powder coated aluminum, blue tinted 6 mm glass (more expensive) and supplied three times what you are getting for just over 110,000 baht which included fly screens. It's just something more to think about.
Roger Ramjet

Postby schuimpge » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:24 pm

RR, it's indeed a nice sticker-shock. Had some aluminium frames installed in my current house. For 1.5 x 1 meter I paid less than 5000 baht. Without double glass or screens though.
Still not sure if I want to invest that kind of money. Starting to be realistic I guess, village is nice and decent, but eventually, when selling the houses, it would not give any returns on the investment. Value of the houses is not high enough to justify.

Checked the wood frames that are still in there, which are in good shape and I have a choice of good and bad window frames to put back in there. Might give all of them a good sanding and cleaning, fill up the gaps and have good looking windows again at almost zero cost.

Cheers
Luc
schuimpge

Postby schuimpge » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:37 pm

RR, really start to like your feedback...lol
Saving me lots of baht...
Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Postby Mike Judd » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:23 pm

REPLACEMENT WINDOWS

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive, double-pane, energy-efficient kind.

Today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He complained that the work had been completed a year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Helloooo,............ just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy told me last year... that these windows would pay for themselves in a year. Hellooooo? It's been a year, so they're paid for, I told him. There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally hung up. He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.
Mike Judd

Return to windows and doors