Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Postby unclezillion » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 am

Saw you all talking about beans and things.
Foodland or Villa Market has the best selection, however, Tops at Central Pinklao has a lot of waitrose stuff also!
If you would like to buy real bacon, sausages and pies check out http://buntersfoodsbkk.com/order.html
Bunters foods bkk dot com

here are a few of the items available from Bunters
P G Tips tea bags 80's 370Bt
Bisto gravy granules 175 gram tub 138Bt
Bisto onion gravy 175 gram tub 138Bt
Colman's mustard 100 gram jar 145Bt
Branston pickle 310 gram jar 190Bt
Branston Baked beans 420 gram can 55Bt
Branston Spaghetti in tomato sauce 410 gram can 60Bt
Mushy peas 300 gram can 55Bt
HP sauce 225 gram 105Bt
Sarson’s malt vinegar 250 ml 95Bt
Marmite 125 gram jar 170Bt :D
unclezillion

Postby geordie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 pm

i am back

Having been under the weather a bit i am almost fully recovered its a sight easier to get medical treatment here than uk where its free but inevitable you can die waiting playing catchup on the forum at the moment so not a lot of comments but being a hypocrite
i will be buying a house rather than playing roulette with finishing a build probably a peice of crap needing a refurb i have my eye on locally and negotiations are under way that way i can see what develops health wise and not gamble on departing with a half built house although i am involved with a build for a friend in BKK and may later publish the labour is all burmese which could get interesting (legal with work permits)
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby merry-terry » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:41 am

Did you lose a lot of stuff in your container, and did you get any joy from the insurance for said contents loss ?
merry-terry

Postby geordie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:22 pm

merry-terry wrote:Did you lose a lot of stuff in your container, and did you get any joy from the insurance for said contents loss ?

Lost a good few items some gear that did not get as far as the container because i self loaded no insurance i delivered to the shipping company they packed the container thats where the losses ocured did get away with murder on the contents though the box arrived at the house with both the seals intact the persuation being a forklift available???
As a norm the receiving company is acting on behalf of customs
geordie

Postby Makmak456 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 pm

small update on my build story. Ended up bringing a 3 bedroom house with me :)
Mark
Makmak456

Postby singhma » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:11 am

Hi Makmak and Geordie,

Makmak, did you bring a 3 bedroom kit house or just the furniture to fill 3bd house?
Intriguing, as to know which.

Have a good day.

Singhma :D
singhma

Postby Makmak456 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:11 am

just the goodies, but not the fridge, beds, living room, 2 recliners, sofa, love seat, dinning room table and 6 chairs etc !Filled a 20' ft can.35M2
Makmak456

Postby geordie » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:17 am

Not sure where to put it but questions have bee asked what happens to members who disappear I have just heard through a mutual friend that one of the members past away last week The member being English Tim
as far as can be heard he had a Heart attack no warnings or history
geordie

Postby weescotsguy66 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:58 am

Just reading your plans glad it worked out for you, looking at your posts it sounds like your out at somewhere near Khlong Jet or Bad (Canal 7 or 8)

How have you got on with your Satellite? I use a box which needs internet but it is fairly reliable and cheap 500 baht for 2 sets) I will get you the guys number if you need it he is in Klong Sam.

Future Park is the easiest for IT stuff but also look at Zeer or IT Square nearer the airport DM.

What are you looking to spend for a house? Some on our estate in Khlong Si Lat Sawaii near a school for all those nieces and nephews, prices are about 3 to 5 million and very good security. Also LH have a new estate next doors to us same type of houses pop up and have a look.

weescotsguy66
weescotsguy66

Postby MGV12 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:28 pm

geordie wrote:Not sure where to put it but questions have bee asked what happens to members who disappear I have just heard through a mutual friend that one of the members past away last week The member being English Tim

Belated comment in the light of your recent posts ... no wake up call there then Geordie?

Doesn't sound like you are having much fun since you arrived in LOS ... from your posts on other threads ... so just interested as to what is motivating you.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby geordie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:47 pm

weescotsguy66 wrote:Just reading your plans glad it worked out for you, looking at your posts it sounds like your out at somewhere near Khlong Jet or Bad (Canal 7 or 8)

How have you got on with your Satellite? I use a box which needs internet but it is fairly reliable and cheap 500 baht for 2 sets) I will get you the guys number if you need it he is in Klong Sam.

Future Park is the easiest for IT stuff but also look at Zeer or IT Square nearer the airport DM.

What are you looking to spend for a house? Some on our estate in Khlong Si Lat Sawaii near a school for all those nieces and nephews, prices are about 3 to 5 million and very good security. Also LH have a new estate next doors to us same type of houses pop up and have a look.

weescotsguy66

Sorry very late reply yes klong 7 is where i am located bought here two houses :o one for play one for residence and its ajacent her sister so good from a security point of veiw it also alowws me to disapear on a regular basis without her getting too peed off
i could do with the guys number for the tv box if he is still around the sattelite i have gives a couple of english channels but horendous reception through the rainy season not that i have been home a lot to see it most of my time at the moment is spent suckumvit Phra padeng ram intra for ease of access to work
geordie

Postby geordie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 pm

MGV12 wrote:
geordie wrote:Not sure where to put it but questions have bee asked what happens to members who disappear I have just heard through a mutual friend that one of the members past away last week The member being English Tim

Belated comment in the light of your recent posts ... no wake up call there then Geordie?

Doesn't sound like you are having much fun since you arrived in LOS ... from your posts on other threads ... so just interested as to what is motivating you.

Still managing a bit of fun now and then :roll: :roll: I always anticipated doing a bit of work but not to the degree i am doing at the moment but as for retirement that is not a phrase hat would describe my current position The build at ram intra should have been finished by now but due to financial problems it was deliberately slowed down the guy is just about through it now so with any luck should be able to pick up the pace a bit the shell is complete and watertight so its basically electricals tiling plumbing plastering and the final act will be six sets of patio doors the biggest 5mtrs by 2.7 the smallest 3 meters by 2.7 and of course the pool has yet to be done just got to decide how to put 21 meter piles at the bottom of a 2 meter deep hole with pure silt as a base i suspect that had we the time it would be merely a case of standing then on situ and let them sink on their own a bit slow though the six meter piles have gone down 100mm plus without assistance ultimately i think the solution will be a 20 ton caterpillar digger dig a ramp down into the pool using the spoil to fill half the pool i should be able to push the piles down and reverse out of the pool clearing as i go
just another small problem really
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:59 am

Well over a year since he even logged into the site ... anyone know if he is still .............. :?:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Ians » Sun May 03, 2015 1:55 pm

MGV12 wrote:Well over a year since he even logged into the site ... anyone know if he is still .............. :?:

Same thought a few times over the past months.
Ians

Postby fredlk » Mon May 04, 2015 3:01 pm

MGV12 wrote:Well over a year since he even logged into the site ... anyone know if he is still .............. :?:

Try his numbers: 0847657086, 029570437, 0852253644.
fredlk

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand