Tapatalk

General feedback on the blog, forum or main site. Gripes or kudos, put them here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

tangaroa67

Tapatalk

Post by tangaroa67 »

Hi Dozer,

Just wondered if you had any plans to make the forum usable via Tapatalk? I use other fora which seem to use the same 'engine' (same look and feel as CTH), that are.

Many thanks :-)
dozer
Site Admin

Re: Tapatalk

Post by dozer »

There are no immediate plans for this but will take it under advisement.
tangaroa67

Post by tangaroa67 »

Hi Dozer,

Any more thought on making the adding the forum to Tapatalk ... it's free and easy to get signed up. It'd make life a LOT easier for people who primarily use tablets and/or smartphones to browse the forum.

FAQ here. Thanks :D
Gar

Post by Gar »

I'd like to add another request for the free Tapatalk functionality. It would make accessing the forum a lot easier on smart devices.
geordie

Post by geordie »

Being a computer illiterate i have accessed the forum on a couple of ocasions on an htc smartphone which i can barely use for phonecalls also the latest toy a samsung galaxy tablet with a telephone sim card is proving to be useful what is tap talk???
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
Shastadad

Post by Shastadad »

geordie wrote:Being a computer illiterate i have accessed the forum on a couple of ocasions on an htc smartphone which i can barely use for phonecalls also the latest toy a samsung galaxy tablet with a telephone sim card is proving to be useful what is tap talk???
Tapatalk is an award winning app for forums with lot of features. Whether it is the hassle-free photo sharing, instant push notification or advanced features such as discussion moderation, there are a lot to love Tapatalk

Tapatalk unfolds the great fun of forum hopping, helping you to discover intriguing discussions and photos on-the-go.
see this:

http://www.tapatalk.com/
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

I have followed the instructions on the tapatalk page and installed it. However I have not used/tested tapatalk. Please let me know if it works and if you are using it. If it causes any problems and not that many people are using it, it might need to be uninstalled.
Sometimewoodworker

Post by Sometimewoodworker »

dozer wrote:I have followed the instructions on the tapatalk page and installed it. However I have not used/tested tapatalk. Please let me know if it works and if you are using it. If it causes any problems and not that many people are using it, it might need to be uninstalled.
From a not using it yet point of view to those who are. I currently mostly use a retina iPad or iPad 2 and the web interface seems OK.

My question is what are the benefits of Tapatalk to me? From what I can see it's useful if you are using an iPhone but I can't see anything useful for the iPad. Am I wrong?

I don't mind paying the 3quid if its better but would resent having paid if it's less than the web interface.
tangaroa67

Post by tangaroa67 »

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
dozer wrote:I have followed the instructions on the tapatalk page and installed it. However I have not used/tested tapatalk. Please let me know if it works and if you are using it. If it causes any problems and not that many people are using it, it might need to be uninstalled.
From a not using it yet point of view to those who are. I currently mostly use a retina iPad or iPad 2 and the web interface seems OK.

My question is what are the benefits of Tapatalk to me? From what I can see it's useful if you are using an iPhone but I can't see anything useful for the iPad. Am I wrong?

I don't mind paying the 3quid if its better but would resent having paid if it's less than the web interface.
It's well worth the £3, believe me.

Dozer, I can't find CTH on Tapatalk :-/
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

It should be there now.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Do I need it? I don't exactly see what it's supposed to do. The Tapatalk website doesn't seem to actually explain what it really does. I've been using an iPad intensively for over 3 weeks now when I'm out of the office, and I have no problems whatsoever reading and contributing to forums.