Thailand Post

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Thailand Post

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:29 am

The postal service is excellent here. It's cheap and the Europeans especially are always amazed when their sent mail arrives on average 4 days later. A lot of people think carrier pigeon is still used in large parts of Asia. Once I received a letter from an ageing aunt who wrote my name, forgot the address or street and put Yannawa, Bangkok. The letter reached me with no delay. I was proud that the Yannawa Post Office knew me personally.

Last month I tried to convince Dutch insurance companies and government departments that there is no postal delivery where I live and that I do indeed need to live in a Post Office Box. One government department ignored me completely and put the 150/4 Moo 4 in their database and promptly sent me a letter to confirm that I am who I am and still living and breathing.

Yesterday I emptied my Post Office Box and this incorrectly addressed letter was inside. It seems that even in Sattahip I'm well known. Mail to Fred, Sattahip will surely reach me.
fredlk

Re: Thailand Post

Postby geordie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:42 am

Why am i not suprised :lol: :lol: :lol:

I found that sending money was a great way to make the mail disapear when the wife was still the girlfriend and trying to learn english like a fool i paid the school fees its a bit like teaching the kids to talk WHY DO IT you will regret it later
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Makmak456 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:29 am

geordie wrote:Why am i not suprised :lol: :lol: :lol:

I found that sending money was a great way to make the mail disapear when the wife was still the girlfriend and trying to learn english like a fool i paid the school fees its a bit like teaching the kids to talk WHY DO IT you will regret it later

Gordie, you bad man :)
Mark
Makmak456

Postby geordie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 am

not me just realistic :lol:
she used to send letters which arrived no problem but as soon as anything = photos birthday card
were sent it was almost a certainty to disapear
good to see you back i am down there next couple of weeks ? for a visit
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:29 am

I wish someone would find the airmail letters I sent last month. Can't have been Thailand mail that lost/stole it, must have been those incompetent Australians. The only way to get cheap airmail is to use EMS at 560 baht a pop and then they want to know where Tasmania is, even though it says Tasmania, Australia. I like paying nearly $20 a letter, it's cheap when you compare it with not arriving at all. And then I do call Australia to let them know the contents of the letter and the date it was sent, so they can write back two weeks later and tell me "it got lost again, can you resend it with a new cover letter". I wonder if the phone bills can also be claimed?
Roger Ramjet

Return to Life in Thailand