how to post an attachment

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

how to post an attachment

Post by dozer »

To add an attachment you must be a registered user. In any event, as of this date you must also be a registered user and currently logged on to do any post.

At the bottom of the posting window you will see 'Add an Attachment'. Simply click the browse button first to find the file on your hard disc and then click the 'add an attachment' button.

Note, alternatively you can enter a comment to describe the attachment.

<Dozer 21-Sep-12: Please disregard the following (about resizing pics to no larger than 700 pixels width)!!!!. Pictures no longer need to be resized but can be uploaded directly from your camera, the forum software will automatically resize them>
DISREGARD: You must ensure with picture attachments that they are no larger than maximum pixel width of 700. Please see this post for details:
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/view ... highlight=
Attachments
a picture of an attachment window under the regular posting box
a picture of an attachment window under the regular posting box
attachmentwindow.jpg (31 KiB) Viewed 10234 times
MGV12

Re: how to post an attachment

Post by MGV12 »

I have no idea what is going on ... with either the upload size limitations or those who can't seem to figure out how to upload pics.

The first two are well over 700 wide but have been accepted and re-sized ... the third is 844KB. From my recollection all three would have been rejected by older versions of the software but all three were handled now.
2000-morwing car1.JPG
loadSWF2.JPG
IMGP4570.JPG

FUTAB..........
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

Yes, this is something I checked myself with several photos over 2 MB, either in-line or attached. That is one good thing about going with a state of the art software package for the forum back-end. As the technology changes new features are integrated into the forum software (without us at CTH being aware or requesting said features), when the board is updated these features get applied automatically, so while in the past there were limitations imposed on attachment size these no longer seem to apply.

The original for the following image is over 2MB.
Attachments
over 2 mb photo
over 2 mb photo
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

MGV12,
I have a feeling it might be linked to the cameras we are using and the pixels. Some of the newer cameras have the capacity of 14 megapixels or higher, as well, if they are like my Kodak Z981 it has a wide angle lens that makes straight lines appear crooked if the zoom isn't used.
It's a very complex topic but this may help: http://www.opticsplanet.com/memory-card ... acity.html
I do know I have to downsize my pictures by a factor of ten and I have to ignore what the board says you can post. And I can't use HD, I have to go for less, otherwise the site keeps rejecting them as too big. I have now gone to the lowest settings I can and that seems to work......it's all in the megapixels.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

I've just posted this huge multi-megapixel photo from / on my iPad without resizing anything:
image.jpg
P.S. It's 1.89 megabytes.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

Resized to 50 % and uploaded via 3G - originally 14 megabytes, 9,008 x 2,332 pixels panorama photo taken with iPhone (IOS 6) iso 125, 4.3 mm. f/2.4, 1/1,004:
IMG_0765.JPG
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

The foregoing should make Geordie [especially] and others happy ........

If however anyone does encounter problems hopefully they will read this thread and let us know the specifics.

FUTAB..........
geordie

Post by geordie »

Not that happy tried twice it told me too big 256kib is maximum ?? :roll: maybe i broke it already
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Post by geordie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i did find out how to reduce though
i did find out how to reduce though
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

I realise that some people are attention seekers :roll: but ...... why can Geordie only post kiddy pics when the rest of us on this thread have been able to load grown-ups pics with no problem :?:

FUTAB..........
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

MGV12,
MGV12 wrote:I realise that some people are attention seekers but ...... why can Geordie only post kiddy pics when the rest of us on this thread have been able to load grown-ups pics with no problem
I believe that last photo should be in "floods". If my memory serves me correctly that's the klong at Rangsit, the one they said was pristine and cleared.
geordie

Post by geordie »

Khlong six up a foot or more over normal ? There was a barge with a suicide jocky operating the digger along there clearing dredging the crap he pulled out was placed as a wall along the bank ? Not the brightest thing to do with it as it has since disapeared almost completely then of coure they started resurfacing the road as well seemingly making it a tad wider towards the khlong so in went the rest of the spoils acompanied with road gravel ? :roll:
the bridge
the bridge
geordie

Post by geordie »

:wink:
will add 640x480 only bigger will not load
will add 640x480 only bigger will not load
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

Something else interesting .. check out this post made today by unclezillion in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1864&start=1860

It comes out really large on screen for [according to the 'image info' details] a 960px × 720px image

If you copy it you get ... below ... much smaller:
308242_10151041587081517_1901813033_n.jpg

FUTAB..........
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

MGV12 wrote:Something else interesting ..
Have you tried clicking on my panorama? It should then show a zoom button that you can click on after which you can move about in the photo.