life & times @& around griffith house

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: life & times @& around griffith house

Postby otis-a » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Umm, is good to hear other's experience with car insur. I still have a minor dink where it look like air pistol pinged b4 pass Sid tail, then got tail light, so maybe claim that,
Fredlk, sounds like an interesting topic for ur insur.
Also forgot adding, went in for angiogram few weeks back, and they find 99% block in 2 places of aorta supply. Two stents added For only 300k tb plus 100k for 3dys ICU & 1dy regular. A relatively calm 2 hours on the slab. My stateside insur, Aetna, supopost to pay claim but I payed 1st here. Like to give hospital heart attack when in afternoon of last day, I go for fresh air walk. They big worry I do runner. Feeling 1000x better and BP down to 120/80 for 1st time in 15 years.
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:57 pm

otis-a wrote:Also forgot adding, went in for angiogram few weeks back, and they find 99% block in 2 places of aorta supply. Two stents added For only 300k tb plus 100k for 3dys ICU & 1dy regular. A relatively calm 2 hours on the slab. My stateside insur, Aetna, supopost to pay claim but I payed 1st here. Like to give hospital heart attack when in afternoon of last day, I go for fresh air walk. They big worry I do runner. Feeling 1000x better and BP down to 120/80 for 1st time in 15 years.

Wow .. great news that you came through feeling so good.

New diet and exercise regime?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:00 pm

otis-a wrote:went in for angiogram few weeks back, and they find 99% block in 2 places of aorta supply. ...... Feeling 1000x better and BP down to 120/80 for 1st time in 15 years.

You're a lucky man and a wise one to have gone for a check up in time. It's good to hear that you feel so well.
fredlk

Postby otis-a » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Mgv12 wrote: " New diet and exercise regime? "
4sure in my new year resolution basket.
otis-a

Postby sirineou » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:06 pm

otis-a wrote:Umm, is good to hear other's experience with car insur. I still have a minor dink where it look like air pistol pinged b4 pass Sid tail, then got tail light, so maybe claim that,
Fredlk, sounds like an interesting topic for ur insur.
Also forgot adding, went in for angiogram few weeks back, and they find 99% block in 2 places of aorta supply. Two stents added For only 300k tb plus 100k for 3dys ICU & 1dy regular. A relatively calm 2 hours on the slab. My stateside insur, Aetna, supopost to pay claim but I payed 1st here. Like to give hospital heart attack when in afternoon of last day, I go for fresh air walk. They big worry I do runner. Feeling 1000x better and BP down to 120/80 for 1st time in 15 years.

Brother Otis Greetings.
Good to hear that your medical procedure went well,
Two days ago I had my annual echo cardiogram , my cardiologist did not like what he show (has detected a heart murmur and is concerned about it) , so I am going in the hospital Friday morning, for an catheterization, for those who don"t know what that is

A thin tube called a catheter is placed through the IV and into your blood vessel in the leg or neck. The catheter is carefully moved up into the heart using live x-rays as a guide. Then the doctor can:

Collect blood samples from the heart

Measure pressure and blood flow in the heart's chambers and in the large arteries around the heart
Measure the oxygen in different parts of your heart
Examine the arteries of the heart
Perform a biopsy on the heart muscle

If everything goes well I will be out the same day, if I need a stent, and or valve repair I will have to spend the night.
For obvious reasons I am a little worried about this. :(
I am glad everything went well for you.
will post results when I come out
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby otis-a » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Dear bro Sir,
I my case they ran a heart enzyme test, it came back showing high enzyme. About 8 months prior, the same carteologyster, ran an ultrasound showing all valves ticking away unhindered; after which I was pronounced "fit for service". He was not 1st to do so. So had several other non Thai well paid "practicing physicians" also practiced my prognosis as fit for service. In spite of such good opines, there were still bouts where to me it was clear, the ticker was a bit outa kilter. Strangely, it was a come and go type thingy, with mostly ok. Finally after poor enzymes, the thai doc looked with a GE hand held type iPhone and it was clear the left aorta area was weak. So off to z angiogram.
I read there are 10's of 1000's of these done each year with like 99.9% survival. I read where Clinton had a stent, after open heart. The angio is more like getting an exam than having a major med. a former work buddy in bkk told me his brother makes real time reviews of angios, strangely there was some Texan around somewhere during my procedure, but I never saw the guy. Wonderful all this inet stuff. Practice laying on your back for 2hours on hardwood floor, that was my worst discomfort, except when I got morphed for back pain. The morph made my hand tingly & did notta - ziltch! 4z back pain.
otis-a

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:02 am

sirineou wrote: so I am going in the hospital Friday morning, for an catheterization,

If everything goes well I will be out the same day,

Good luck ... hope the "everything goes well " option works out.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby otis-a » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:48 am

Duplicate post removed mod
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:51 am

Just got off tele ( for 3rd time) with -Aetna insurance co. On getting paid for angioplasty operation back mid May. They are making progress, as paid out about 10% of what they owe. My experience a li title different than work mate living bkk. He claimed no issues with payments for his hernia/appendicitis op @ bumgrd . I keep reminding them they have collected more in premiums (over 25 yrs) than they are asked to pay out. Still foot dragging, but now they know the tickler file is open and only correct action will close out the issue. I write this as some Cth members think oversea insur not work n LOS. It is just u pay, then get insur co to re.pay 2u. Happy collecting & giddy up!
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Still don't think Aetna paid in full but got a few drops of blood from the turnip.

Generally quiet lately apart from thievery issues

The thievery issues, come as Griffy start English language school in Chiang rai, so am away most of week.

So today had the webcam dude come out. Price for 3 cams, router, plus local storage HD for 30 day wrap review storage was 24k tb. Job to start next week gave 10k tb depo to initiate job.

Webcam dude showed his android app for online review and was ok, says I can get apple app also.

Any experiences from other Cth members about thievery or are my instances Related to a lousy village?
otis-a

Postby MGV12 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:55 pm

otis-a wrote:Still don't think Aetna paid in full but got a few drops of blood from the turnip.

Generally quiet lately apart from thievery issues

The thievery issues, come as Griffy start English language school in Chiang rai, so am away most of week.

So today had the webcam dude come out. Price for 3 cams, router, plus local storage HD for 30 day wrap review storage was 24k tb. Job to start next week gave 10k tb depo to initiate job.

Webcam dude showed his android app for online review and was ok, says I can get apple app also.

Any experiences from other Cth members about thievery or are my instances Related to a lousy village?

Good to have you back posting otis ... be interested to hear your review of webcam install.

Have brain farts on a regular basis .. low boredom threshold!

MGV12

Postby geordie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:02 am

MGV12 wrote:
sirineou wrote: so I am going in the hospital Friday morning, for an catheterization,

If everything goes well I will be out the same day,

Good luck ... hope the "everything goes well " option works out.

Apparently good luck not required he has god on his side :lol: :lol:
Good luck anyway been there done that so to speak and still here :shock: :shock: probably why i will not take life seriously ! Its too short and could end tommorow

Otis good to see you are still with us as well :) how about a few happy pics of the grifter playing in his not so new house now Ref theiving had issue,s in Chaiyaphum the family there is paranoid will not leave the house unattended its not as though they have anything to steal on the other hand i could make a few alegations with ref to the brother in law who assumes anything left in the house is specifficaly for his benifit Booze cigarettes car motorbike tools lucky i am well built (fat) or he would be wearing my clothes as well I find it bloody anoying the wife explains it as he family not steal just share ?? when its into my bags to take ciggs its theiving when its into a locked shed remove my motorbike against explicit instructions of ""no do"" its theiving especially as he trashed every panel on the bike (blamed the buffalo) When i am looking for my tools and they are down the farm broken i regard all of that as theiving which is why i live on a moo baan in / near BKK for six seven years we left everything here the house fully furnished and nothing was touched her sister lives next door but has a shop and is out 7-30-7-30 most days neither house has had an issue ? i think not just your village its a common problem :mrgreen:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby sirineou » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:25 am

geordie wrote:
Apparently good luck not required he has god on his side :lol: :lol:
Good luck anyway been there done that so to speak and still here :shock: :shock: probably why i will not take life seriously ! Its too short and could end tommorow

Yes but I forgot to mention that the god I have on my side is Dyonysos , the god of wine and party, which explains the predicament I am in. :(
You are right life it too short......

Also look forward to hearing from Otis and no only about Brain farts, :lol:
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby otis-a » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Some utube vids

Disregard the ,,
As that how I get the link to paste

<took the liberty of embedding them for you - MGV12>
otis-a

Postby geordie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:02 pm

cute little sod typical boy though looking at the last vid :wink: Thanks
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand