life & times @& around griffith house

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: life & times @& around griffith house

Postby otis-a » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:02 pm

doublepost from ipad 2 running opera browser
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby geordie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 pm

That explains my question on the other post :mrgreen: :mrgreen: nothing like domestic bliss is there
Next door to mum in law has opened a bar :( :( its wonderful popping out to 7-11 and being confronted with at least one idiot standing across the road (vacant plot) pissing music and karayoki till four in the morning the bliss of no planning laws does wear thin at times It was bad enough when her old man was there with a very slow motorbike repair buisness ?? so slow he sold drugs to suplement his income and will be out in ten years :lol: :lol: :lol: There can be huge drawbacks to having no rule,s Well done on putting a stop to it Otis :D :D :D Be careful what you eat for a while ??
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby otis-a » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:27 am

yepper geo,
pigs go to bacon, us chickens live to sqwak about it.
i kno i did not need the money & seems wify also decided the net net (punny pun) /after lawyer assist her thinking some/
was no so good after deduct on thiefery losses.
my friend when visiting also said-with all the hubb bubb- seems is no privacy - true
is why people keep offices
someday i may post some people pics from the inet era
A local horror story of another expat with a "thai style" home business- seems he got alittle extra from it- as in new baby- not his. will spare z details.
for today just glad to c it gone
otis-a

Postby geordie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:27 am

Its like a soap :lol: :lol: :lol: you could always pm the details :mrgreen: sound like it make sense to bin it
My little gem keeps on about a shop in front of the house :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I keep looking at land in remote spots :lol: It was a handy spin off for her but as you now know thats whay people have offices so you can go home and relax The problem is here ?? with her she is paranoid if we had a shop full of computers she would be sleeping in there with them ??We have an issue at the moment with a dogsitter for 2-3 months when we go to UK to ship goodies (subject to TAX :( :( :( ) This was not going to be a problem there are loads of people can do it now its an issue people might steal everything from the house ?? people might not take good care of dogs ?? people might sell dogs and everything in the house ???? Wonderful country wonderful people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
geordie

Postby elgato » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Any plans for the now unused shop?
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby fredlk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:31 pm

elgato wrote:Any plans for the now unused shop?

You looking for a home-stay up north?
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Well i am guessing here but i think toolshed definately no leisure industry related activities :lol: :lol:
geordie

Postby elgato » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:48 pm

fredlk wrote:

You looking for a home-stay up north?

I finally moved from that area. I was about 80km north of Otis. My home-stay is currently with the MIL :lol:
elgato

Postby geordie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Elgato the toolshed strikes me as a better option :wink: :wink: if you are nice to Otis he may even let you use the internet
geordie

Postby elgato » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:37 pm

geordie wrote:Elgato the toolshed strikes me as a better option :wink: :wink: if you are nice to Otis he may even let you use the internet

I like the bar idea - although private and by invitation only :wink:
elgato

Postby geordie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:51 pm

elgato wrote:

I like the bar idea - although private and by invitation only :wink:

Thats you talked yourself out of a tennancy He shut the wife down because she wanted a bar ?? you have no chance
He was specific about not wanting scumbags and scroats so thats me out :mrgreen: Its looking more and more like a toolshed

He might have time enough to experiment with geothermal cooling now although if the temperature of freds well is anything to go by it will be geothermal heating ??
geordie

Postby otis-a » Mon May 14, 2012 10:06 pm

straight line wind damage:
abt. 1 week ago was major havoc to bamboo signs around thoeng district.
Then 2 nites ago, SLW's removed a good portion of roofs from about 6 nearby houses. Whilst others suffered minr holes: likely a mango pelting.
* read our district is not unique to wind damage lately?
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Well it is a bit boring, as Cth readers may c from the postings. The Griffer is doing daycare and improving his potty training, mam keki, nam kike. August, he hopefully start international school to improve his English.

Just now my truck in for cosmetics work from small fender bender, 6k tb to me.

I got off paying the offended Thai driver (who clipped me front bumper at 80 degree angle whilst I was static at intersection) 4k tb.

I declined using the comprehensive 20k tb insurance as it very likely the I co. Will just raise me premiums & long term I pay more.

Also have heard insurance work proceeds at Snails pace n LOS?
otis-a

Postby fredlk » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:52 pm

otis-a wrote: Also have heard insurance work proceeds at Snails pace n LOS?

A snail would beat them in a race. On 6th June a car of mine was badly damaged in an accident and then towed away. It took many phone calls and excuses until they had "all the prices" and gave the go-ahead to the repair shop as it "costs 300,000 Baht to repair". (It was 400,000 when I phoned last week.) So today after waiting almost 6 weeks, work will start on the repair and they told me it should be ready "within a month". When I exploded it went down to "maybe three weeks or two and a half" which is 5 weeks approximately in Thai-time. Needless to say I'm switching insurance companies in November.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:48 pm

The Vigo Hilux went into Toyota main dealers a few times when others [who actually had insurance and admitted liability ... yes it does occur!!!] annoyed my truck, and on those occasions they required a week to ten days for a two to three day repair. My 'Mullered' repair [ viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2704 ] was carried out by an extremely competent and highly recommended [by a close friend] repair shop and it still took four weeks to do a two week [max] repair. I can talk with experience as, apart from running my own thriving classic car restoration business for a decade in the UK, I have been appointed for many insurance repairs and they were all done very promptly; as insisted upon by the insurance company. I was happy to do so as I earned considerably more from their repairs than from non-insured work .... maybe/possibly/probably the reason insurance premiums are so high in the UK! Here, in my experience, the are less-inclined to 'load' your next year's premium for claims you made in the previous period. My first-class insurance company appeared to be happy, to a certain percentage of premium cost, to approve minor repairs and touch-up's to my truck without that affecting the next year's premium and I can't think that that was unique to me.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand