New Photo Gallery!

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

New Photo Gallery!

Post by dozer »

Want to share a bunch of photos related to your project? Like to see pictorials of other construction projects? The coolthaihouse picture gallery may be for you.

If you have more than about 10 photos to show the forum can be kind of clunky. How about setting up your own photo album which you can then reference in your forum posts. You can have various albums and each pic can have its own description.

Please reduce the photos before uploading to under about 100k each.

Best of all, it is bridged with the forum so you won't need an additional login.

Here is a flash tutorial which shows you how to login, create an album, upload pics and assign them to the album.

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/attachment ... torial.htm

If you have a minute, check it out and let me know if it works OK.
Last edited by dozer on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

Please note; the tutorial link will take a while to load, over a high speed line 1+ minute, over dial up about 5 minutes.

NAVIGATION: The tutorial plays in frames, you must press the navigation bars in the lower right corner of the screen after each frame.

F11: Pressing F11 will show the tutorial in full screen mode.

enjoy!
udon

Post by udon »

Looking good, thanks Dozer. :)

So does the Soft Green skin, I wish I had known about it before now. LOL.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

How do we know from the forum if people have created an album. I've created a trial one but from a visitor's point of view, I don't know where to find it. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.
dozer
Site Admin

coppermine interface

Post by dozer »

At the top of the screen is a Category 'User Galleries'. The words 'User galleries' are underlined. Select this (via mouseclick) and this will then take you to a new screen which shows the individual user galleries.
Pluma

Post by Pluma »

I still do not see it.

Here is what shows up at top of Forums:
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile You have 1 new message Log out [ Pluma ]
Can you enlighten me?

Thanks
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

I have the same as Pluma:

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile You have no new messages Log out [ jazzman ]

no mention of user galleries
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

I still do not see it.

Here is what shows up at top of Forums:
Sorry about the confusion here. This is about the new picture gallery that we are testing. There are a couple of problems with it I will be addressing, but it is basically ready to use. To start:

1.) Go to http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics
2.) This is where you will see 'User galleries'. Click this and you will see a list of user galleries out there.

3.) If you want to create your own album, view the tutorial and upload your pictures.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Is it possible to incorporate a quick button link to this album page on the forum menu bar?
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

YES, this has been done. The gallery is live and members are posting, try it out.