Window and door color choices and trends

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Window and door color choices and trends

Postby thailazer » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:34 am

I was reading in a magazine about color trends and it seems black is the current trendy color. White is good in that it stays the coolest, but most white window frames look old after two years. Bronze or brown was cool in the seventies, but not now. Black looks cool but must get bloody hot in the Thai sun. This is becoming the toughest choice on our build yet. Anyone want to give their opinion?
thailazer

Re: Window and door color choices and trends

Postby fredlk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:49 am

thailazer wrote:I was reading in a magazine about color trends and it seems black is the current trendy color. White is good in that it stays the coolest, but most white window frames look old after two years. Bronze or brown was cool in the seventies, but not now. Black looks cool but must get bloody hot in the Thai sun. This is becoming the toughest choice on our build yet. Anyone want to give their opinion?

If you want to burn your hand when opening your window go with black. As good as it might look, I would NEVER use black in this climate, but then again I am known for my:
"Any colour as long as it's white." :lol:
fredlk

Postby sunliner » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am

thailazer wrote: White is good in that it stays the coolest, but most white window frames look old after two years. . Anyone want to give their opinion?

not a opinion but fact :)
epoxy treated aluminium windows (white) last forever, with just a clean, with a moisture cloth , once and a while,

agree with fredlk,white is beautiful,
sunliner

Postby runker » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:25 am

The key word is "trendy"
runker

Postby geordie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:09 am

I think black is a trend i can do without the current rented hovel has black slate look alike floor tiles :lol: :lol: every time a mutt decide,s to go to the toilet the floor get,s a wash and with 5 mutts thats a lot of washes per day the chances are the tiles will have faded bu the time we leave here keeps her busy :roll:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:16 am

geordie wrote:every time a mutt decide,s to go to the toilet the floor get,s a wash and with 5 mutts thats a lot of washes per day

:shock: :roll: :shock: Is it true that dogs take after their owners?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby geordie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:04 am

maybe i should have put that better :lol:
The dogs leave a love,ly line of ""footprints"" on the BLACK floor it shows every bit of dirt so its on the forget it list as far as colors is concerned i would assume black windows would be the same
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:46 am

geordie wrote:The dogs leave a love,ly line of ""footprints"" on the BLACK floor it shows every bit of dirt so its on the forget it list as far as colors is concerned

With a white floor the dogs leave black or dark brown footprints from the sand they picked up along the way. With white windows the geckoes leave black droppings.
If I'd have had black floors and black windows, the dogs would have left paw prints containing the beach sand from around here and the white in the gecko droppings would show up on the windows.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Ahh well have to look for mottled or marbled pattern on the tiles (or teach the dogs to wipe their feet) somthing we have had little success with to date How many gheko,s have you got there ?? I actually had a couple in the house In BKK and left them because the eat bugs I have never really noticed lots of poo but it,s been mentioned a couple of times now about the poo ? Maybe go for black widows and make it too hot for them to walk on :roll: But black does show every speck of dirt
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:56 pm

geordie wrote:How many gheko,s have you got there ??

How many Chinese are there in China?
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:05 pm

fredlk wrote:
geordie wrote:How many gheko,s have you got there ??

How many Chinese are there in China?

I should add the following interview with myself:

Question: How many times have you been bitten by a mosquito in the last 7 months living in Sattahip?
Answer: Twice, maybe less.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:20 am

That will do gheko,s my new best freinds :mrgreen: Just gotta toiled train them :roll: manged that with the dogs :lol:
geordie

Return to windows and doors