Building license for Maids quarters

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

basjke

Building license for Maids quarters

Post by basjke »

I'm building a house currently,with the land in Thai name and the building licenses in my name.I have received the blue and yellow book in my name already.
So in fact I applied for 2 licenses,one for the house and one for the perimeter wall,for which the blueprints were made by the Orbotor.Later I decided to add maids quarters as a seperate building on he land and which are 29 m² and exist out of one room with a bathroom and a kitchen outside.For the maidsroom I designed the blueprint myself with some architect software.
Today a new headman of the Orbotor passed my house and they said I would need a building license for the maidsquarters as well.Of course they were so helpfull as to provide me the blueprint and the license for a good 20.000 Baht.

My question is now should I need this seperate license,or how worried should I be about not having one.I think 20.000 Baht is a bit over the top for for a license for a square box of 29 m²,not?

Any suggestions are welcome.
BKKBILL

Re: Building license for Maids quarters

Post by BKKBILL »

I would think this would be a first but without knowing where this is taking place it really is hard to say.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
basjke

Post by basjke »

BKKBILL wrote:I would think this would be a first but without knowing where this is taking place it really is hard to say.

Location is Pattaya-banglamung subdistrict Nong palai.What do you mean with this would be a first,That a license is needed or that they come after it?
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

basjke,
I think they're having a loan of you, the cost is 427 baht for approved plans by the Or Bor Tor and that is for a "large structure", which definitely does not include a maid's quarters.
I would have serious reservations about any new "headman" who tours the neighbourhood looking for new constructions that are different to their plans. For a start the Or Bor Tor engineer is the one that keeps the plans, not the new "village headman".
I would go see the Or Bor Tor new "headman" at the Or Bor Tor's office and I'd be asking the engineer why they want more than 427 baht?
basjke

Post by basjke »

Roger Ramjet wrote:basjke,
I think they're having a loan of you, the cost is 427 baht for approved plans by the Or Bor Tor and that is for a "large structure", which definitely does not include a maid's quarters.
I would have serious reservations about any new "headman" who tours the neighbourhood looking for new constructions that are different to their plans. For a start the Or Bor Tor engineer is the one that keeps the plans, not the new "village headman".
I would go see the Or Bor Tor new "headman" at the Or Bor Tor's office and I'd be asking the engineer why they want more than 427 baht?
Roger,maybe I explained myself not clear,but it were the people of the Orbotor that came around not the village headman.

I did indeed ask them this question and they told me that I could also provide the blueprints made and signed by a Thai architect and they would issue the license.However I have a strange feeling that a Thai architect who sees a white nose and the " urgent need" for a license might cost me the same.
thailazer

Post by thailazer »

The arbotor in our area provided an excellent architect that did our plans and then included an engineering analysis as our place was two stories. Total price for the plan, engineering analysis, and official go-ahead document was 7000 baht. The headman in the village has provided everything for free, and that includes letters to the irrigation district to allow a bridge, house book registration, road work permits, etc.
trader

Post by trader »

basjke from reading your post a visit to their office would be very fitting :( good communication skills can be a blessing in cases such as yours :D