kitchen doors manufacturer

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

kitchen doors manufacturer

Postby gliffaes » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Does anyone know a manufacturer of mdf painted doors?? I dont want the entire carcass just the doors, in the Uk I know the company that makes them to any size I like.
Heres a photo .
Id appreciate a name or something not just a "any kitchen shop will do this for you" as they wont, they only want to sell the whole kitchen with carcass which i dont want.
Its only mdf spray painted then lacquered. mdf board is cheap as chips.
Photo attached
Attachments
IMAG0337-web.jpg
gliffaes

Re: kitchen doors manufacturer

Postby geordie » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:52 pm

OOer wait till rodger see,s your cheap charley kitchen idea you will never hear the end of it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be honhest you have more or less answered your own question
Any Carpenter not just kitchen shop
Take a look around at where they make the garden funniture thats sprayed and laquered that all you need if you purchase a circular saw
Screw a straight edge to your mdf sheet say 20" from the edge + 1-1/4" inches extra (saw guide/edge to blade mesurement) this gives you the blanks for the cost of the material get the wood shop or a car repair shop to spray them and laquer i would personally use a car repeir shop as a far better choice of colours somthing like gun metal or a metalflake would make it interesting I think actually better than those fake plastic wood efforts they sell
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 pm

gliffaes,
I totally agree with you in regards to the MDF doors. In fact they would be stronger than the cardboard model of your house. Why not nail some galvanised iron sheeting over them to add a touch of class. Why bother painting them, leave them blank, it would add some character to your glass house. In fact we have a lot of wood chips and sawdust left over from the build, we'll stick that together any size you like....and then we'll cut it to your exact size.
Or you could always use the company in England and import the doors. See what Thai Customs says about that. I'm sure they won't charge you too much. And I thought my wife was sticky. Wow.
Roger Ramjet

Postby gliffaes » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:58 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:gliffaes,
I totally agree with you in regards to the MDF doors. In fact they would be stronger than the cardboard model of your house. Why not nail some galvanised iron sheeting over them to add a touch of class. Why bother painting them, leave them blank, it would add some character to your glass house. In fact we have a lot of wood chips and sawdust left over from the build, we'll stick that together any size you like....and then we'll cut it to your exact size.
Or you could always use the company in England and import the doors. See what Thai Customs says about that. I'm sure they won't charge you too much. And I thought my wife was sticky. Wow.

Or how about tar and feathering????? YOU BOTH hhahahah no I dont want to make them but I use a company in the uk in my house renovations http://martinsharpe.co.uk they actually cut the doors to the sizes you give them stick in the hings holes and cover them with whatever you want or spray them. I then build my own carcasses.
Seeing as the nice kitchens here cost 100000000000 of baht all I want is the mdf doors the rest will be con an brick rendered and or tiled, you get a megabucks looking kitchen for peanuts + if you want to change the lok later in 10 years just get new doors made or re spray.
Now listening to U PAIR I think I will tar n feather!!!

The kitchen shops wont tell you who actually makes the doors so now we are asking mdf suppliers direct, when i get the info for a small search fee shall we say 4 million Ill pass on the info :lol:
gliffaes

Postby geordie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:40 am

Can you get tar in thailand :roll: :roll: winjamer was asking on an earlier thread about what he could paint on a wall to stop water penitration :D
I am not sure he will need the feathers though :lol: :lol:
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:16 am

gliffaes,
Isn't it typical, you get caught being cheap and nasty and resort to procrastinating about what you would like to do to the bearers of such important information for other not so cheap and nasty readers. You'd like my mate, he used to say "tarring and feathering is too good for you, you bast..., we should put you on the rack", and, he was right. But he couldn't do it either.
Roger Ramjet

Postby gliffaes » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:38 am

geordie wrote:Can you get tar in thailand :roll: :roll: winjamer was asking on an earlier thread about what he could paint on a wall to stop water penitration :D
I am not sure he will need the feathers though :lol: :lol:

Geordie YES u can saw bags of it the other day at RR's favourite Tha Watsadu ( they merged apparently with HomeWorks) I also found self adhesive scrim for rendering/plastering someone mentioned this before, why its almost getting like back home.
gliffaes

Postby gliffaes » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 pm

da daaaaaaaaaaaa the result took an offcut of crappy mdf to car paint shop next door to my condo and this is the result............so you buy 8by4 that 2.4 by 1.2 meter mdf for 500 bahta sheet or 520 for mdf ,made of rubberwood cut it to the size you want drill the hinge holes and spray BINGO no stupid 200k + kitchen prices.
I just told them red and got this look great to me!!
This is the test panel for them later theyll do the full blown kitchen and bedroom cupboard doors
I can almost see RRs green face from here :shock:
Attachments
spray red (3).jpg
spray red (1).jpg
spray red (2).jpg
gliffaes

Postby geordie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:57 pm

He He He He etc etc

Looks bloody good the sprayer knows his stuff looking at the finish especialy impresive is the reflection you will not get that with dulux get a good three coats of laquer (or more) to stop scratches & chips
geordie

Postby gliffaes » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:15 am

Whats odd here is the prices of fitted kitchens, mdf is dirt cheap and they all use it, spraying isnt expensive and they all use it but when you come to buy the good kitchens its raving expensive and inside its still cheap chip or mdf not even the thick 18mm stuff we get in the uk its all 15mm. I dont get it? Ill be using the rubber mdf and no it doesnt bounce, for example if I was to bash rog over the head it would not recoil back and hit me :lol:
So it will be Thai labour at a couple hundered a d ay and concrete and block frameworks tiled with granite tops and painted doors.
gliffaes

Postby geordie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:48 am

You could always give it a bit of a beating with a router to make them look a bit more special
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:08 am

gliffaes,
You will never see my face green over mdf, because in the final assessment that's all it is, flimsy, cheap and nasty mdf. I'll stick with my already purchased rose wood cabinets, thank you very much.
You might like to explore another avenue of approach which I will be using...joined wood sheets that will be used around the windows and in the pantry. They get 4 coats of stain if used indoors (pantry) and 5 coats for the window frames. The sheets come in various thicknesses from half an inch to a full inch. They are about 1 1/2 metres by 2 metres and you can barely see the dozens of joins (which the stain should hide). It's a cheap experiment as the boards/sheets are about 900 to 1,200 baht each. I'll post the photos as per usual when it starts.
Roger Ramjet

Postby gliffaes » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:gliffaes,
You will never see my face green over mdf, because in the final assessment that's all it is, flimsy, cheap and nasty mdf. I'll stick with my already purchased rose wood cabinets, thank you very much.
You might like to explore another avenue of approach which I will be using...joined wood sheets that will be used around the windows and in the pantry. They get 4 coats of stain if used indoors (pantry) and 5 coats for the window frames. The sheets come in various thicknesses from half an inch to a full inch. They are about 1 1/2 metres by 2 metres and you can barely see the dozens of joins (which the stain should hide). It's a cheap experiment as the boards/sheets are about 900 to 1,200 baht each. I'll post the photos as per usual when it starts.

I see ,shonky by name shonky by nature eh?? :lol: I'm sorry i "am" the undsiputed King of shonk :shock:
gliffaes

Postby gliffaes » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:31 pm

geordie wrote:You could always give it a bit of a beating with a router to make them look a bit more special

Geordie normaly id run it around the edge of the door but I want flat and plain for the kitchen...........less is more etc etc
gliffaes

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Geordie,
Don't listen to Gliffaes excuses, the reason he won't/can't put a router over the doors is because they are so thin they would fall to pieces if they even smelt a router. Less is more alright. The first door the panel beaters painted they only had to do one side of, as they were so thin. It's the paint that holds them together. Talk about sticky...sheesh. I pity my poor builder, he's never met a tight arsed Brit before. I'll have to warn him, but the length of time the plans are taking he might just have another job by then. With luck.
Roger Ramjet

Next

Return to windows and doors